Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I need to pack up a set of dishes so I went to the Home Depot and bought four cardboard boxes...
So true, Aunt Bea...I have a garage full of boxes I had to purchase. Stores wouldn't even save them for me when I asked.
Our local Market Basket had a manager change the beginning of the year. Shortly after, boxes appeared at the front of the store with a note "free boxes". Since I've been going through loose stuff set aside for the garage sale (that will not happen if I don't get busy) I pick up a box or two when I need them. I have to say, though, if you saw a stocker emptying a box, they would save it for you if you asked.

I pass on the boxes at Costco because breaking them down and getting rid of them is a pain. I keep fold-down crates in the car and load from the cart to the crates. They fold flat so they don't take up much room. Love 'em!

I pass on the boxes at Costco because breaking them down and getting rid of them is a pain. I keep fold-down crates in the car and load from the cart to the crates. They fold flat so they don't take up much room. Love 'em!
That's a good idea. Only problem, at least at the local Costco, they do a terrible job of loading boxes or bags. I often take stuff out of the box and put it into my bags, in the parking lot.

Our local Market Basket had a manager change the beginning of the year. Shortly after, boxes appeared at the front of the store with a note "free boxes". Since I've been going through loose stuff set aside for the garage sale (that will not happen if I don't get busy) I pick up a box or two when I need them. I have to say, though, if you saw a stocker emptying a box, they would save it for you if you asked.

I was told it was store policy, because people always ask for the boxes but them never pick them up...:rolleyes: Do I look like a college kid???

Ever since I lost my daughter, I make it a point to end every conversation, email or text message to those I love and care about with an "I love you."

We all have a case of "if only's". If only I had......

I never got to tell my daughter that I loved her. And I have lived with that for almost 20 years. I don't want to make that mistake again. Of course Spike brushes it off. He is definitely not the mushy kind. But he still gets to hear it all the time from me. Almost every day.

For folks I don't know but whose path crosses mine every so often, I give them a smile. I have lots of those. Enough to share with the world and make someone's day. As the saying goes, "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours." When I make a run to CVS on my scooter, there is an old gentleman that sits out on his front stoop. I ALWAYS make it a point to smile and say hello to him. His face just lights up. And it didn't cost me anything.

My doctor one time asked me if I ever get depressed. Me? Is he crazy? I am too busy passing out smiles and "I love You". I don't have time for depression. :angel:

For some reason, I have an earworm from the old "HeeHaw" series.

"Where, oh, where are you tonight?"

Always sung with the guest star.

I enjoy annoying DH. He's easily annoyable. "You met another, and thbbt, you were gone."

Last edited:
I never watched HeeHaw. Just never appealed to me but then I was a kid and wasn't into shows like that. I do recall hearing the opening "HeeeeeeHawwwww!" my parents would watch it.

We were stuck. There were only 3 channels, no cable. HeeHaw was the lesser of three weevils.

We had ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. The stations only played until midnight, then the National Athem music come on and that was it until morning.

I hated when I use to babysit and the people weren't home by midnight. Was kind of eerie with no TV or background noise. I'd try and stay awake but then you'd start imaging noises and kept wishing the people would get home.

We had ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. The stations only played until midnight, then the National Athem music come on and that was it until morning.

I hated when I use to babysit and the people weren't home by midnight. Was kind of eerie with no TV or background noise. I'd try and stay awake but then you'd start imaging noises and kept wishing the people would get home.

I had forgotten about the National Anthem playing at sign off. :angel:

Then they would just have that humming and a symbol of a circle with other lines on it. Never new what that stood for. The humming made you want to turn off the TV!

Back
Top Bottom