Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
`i have the same problem if `i let it be one.........Dawgluver..........`i have to mentally go to my "happy place" which happens to be my granmother's house and imagine myself there......and use all my 5 senses to be there........`i'm in her garden and `i can hear the bees, smell the flowers, see Flossie the sheep, etc., etc., and then `i see her.........she is telling me to relax and not to worry......and `i'm not exaggerating.......those images can drop my BP 30 points........also `i breath in for a count of 4, hold for 4, and exhale for 4 while `i'm in my happy place.....

Thanks guys. One of my degrees is in Theatre, and imagery didn't work at the clinic.

Dr. wants me to calibrate my beloved wrist cuff, and compare it to the professional equipment they have at the clinic. And he wants a blood test too. Not into blood tests.

Last edited:
you don't have to be into blood tests, Dawglover.......just your arm........take a book and go and have it done. and get it over with.....what `i do is take my BP at home and when `i go to the doctor's office `i tell them what my BP was at home....take several readings for a couple of days.....my doctor has never questioned me and doesn't worry cause `i have white coat syndrome, too......

I am scared of needles , but my med team is ace. They take from my hand, since it freaks me out less, they hug me and talk ask about my life so I cant focus on what they are doing. And when they take my blood pressure, they always try to find a new doctor or nurse to do, just for kicks. I have a low blood pressure and i'm fat, so it doesnt compute for the poor sods. I perfectly fine on my low blood pressure, normal makes me sick. But no more blood test until January.. I hope.

I bought a brand spanking new numerical scale. I step on it, the morning I am to go to Winthrop for my vitals. Their scale is always five pounds more than mine. They have a digital scale with a chair on it. They always tare it before you sit down, and again when you do. I prefer what my scale tells me.

Every time I lose more than five pounds, I get yelled at. You would think that they would be happy. I can do something now I haven't been able to do for almost 40 years. I can cross my legs. :angel:

What is it about a routine visit to the doctor? My doc is a nice guy, was a year behind DH at school, we're friends, I've been taking my blood pressure all week, and it's been optimal. Zing. When taken at the clinic, 170/100. I should be dead. After a whole week at home of <120/80.

White coat syndrome, thou art not my friend.

I have the same problem, at home I am 130/54...doctors 170/85. So I check for a week and get steady low numbers, the only reason I've been able to stop her from adding to my medication list or switching it around.

yeah, doctors will listen you if you have steady readings for at least a few days..........give me a new person taking my BP and `i can guarantee it will be over normal......call it white coat syndrome or whatever `i'm in a new place with new people......my BP is going to go up........`i don't know these people.......so take your blood pressure at home and tell them when you go in........

A couple of years ago I was scheduled for surgery. I was also on BP medication. I went in for my pre op workup. I had taken all my morning meds just before I left the house. You know. Check my vitals. The technician puts the cuff on and can't get a reading. Try this arm, try that arm. In the meantime I am slowly slipping down on the chair trying very hard to not pass out. The tech yells out for a doctor or nurse. The last thing I heard is, "Do we have a crash cart?"

The problem was that every time I was in the hospital during the previous year, the doctor kept upping my BP medication without checking my past record. No wonder my doctor was so thrilled with me for controlling my BP so well. Today I am no longer on any BP meds nor did I ever need them. I don't understand why this is so because I have had a quintuple open heart surgery with five stents. With all of this I have also had three heart attacks. My BP should be through the sky. :angel:

My BP is so low that every one else I met who had has been on meds for it. I got mine raised to normal once, my heart was raising and only my old nurse understand it was going bad. When they got it down to my normal, then i was good again.

Yeah I just hit 40 with a body going on 80 and with a muscle disease that will leave me in wheel chair if I am unlucky. But I am loved and that is most important.

I am scared of needles , but my med team is ace. They take from my hand, since it freaks me out less, they hug me and talk ask about my life so I cant focus on what they are doing. And when they take my blood pressure, they always try to find a new doctor or nurse to do, just for kicks. I have a low blood pressure and i'm fat, so it doesnt compute for the poor sods. I perfectly fine on my low blood pressure, normal makes me sick. But no more blood test until January.. I hope.

I will take a needle any day or night over liquid medication. One time I had an IV going in each arm. If I can taste it, I will gag, dry heave, vomit and anything else. Even run away. I just can't swallow it. I have even had an IV in my neck. Nine times out of ten, I get a person who knows what they are doing and I don't even feel the needle go in. Not even the one in the neck. And I was wide awake for that one. Pills or IV. Either one is fine with me. :angel:

Yeah I just hit 40 with a body going on 80 and with a muscle disease that will leave me in wheel chair if I am unlucky. But I am loved and that is most important.

`i'm sorry, CP..........just found out that one of my best friends was diagnosed with Parkinson's........and she was always so active.........and your'e right......you are loved and lovable!:yum:

I will take a needle any day or night over liquid medication. One time I had an IV going in each arm. If I can taste it, I will gag, dry heave, vomit and anything else. Even run away. I just can't swallow it. I have even had an IV in my neck. Nine times out of ten, I get a person who knows what they are doing and I don't even feel the needle go in. Not even the one in the neck. And I was wide awake for that one. Pills or IV. Either one is fine with me. :angel:

The best thing about an `iV is when they take it OUT! That's nirvana:LOL:

Oh yes, out with IV, since they have to retake every day because my arms veins goes NOPE do not like, let shut this off.

Enough with hospital talk!!

Tomorrow I am so looking forward to the huge food festival in town. It not over all of town but crammed into the major square, it so tightly packed it silly and they dont use the hole square either. My four year old daughter want to go and find ice cream and sausage and hot sauce.

Well it was cheaper when we had bus connection into town, then the trains station was rebuilt and now I have to take the train or wait for the four or five buses that goes here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom