"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #21
Master Chef

Dawg, I don't even have the bathroom light on when I shower! To add insult to injury, the bathroom is directly in front of the mirror.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm draping black cloth over all my mirrors, CG.

Now I must admit, I'm seeing a LOT of people in bikinis and speedos who really shouldn't be wearing them. They would look much better in burkahs. Need to bring more eyebleach next time!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Stray Thoughts 2.0

And while I'm at it, when we were in Antigua or some other place years ago, I commented about all the people who were running around topless/bottomless as we were getting on a boat tour. One of the elderly topless ladies commented to me, "Darlink, in Europe, all bodies are beautiful."

Loved it!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

I know the feeling Dawg. But since I have lost so much weight, I now have a waistline. What a shock. I can put my hands on my hips. I am actually below the weight I was striving for. So I have to set a new number. When I consider I was at one time 180 pounds and am now down to 133 pounds, that is a lot of weight I am not carrying around. Of course it has taken me many years to get here, but I am happy. Would I wear a bathing suit? Only one piece with a skirt. Now it is my flabby arms that have me in such turmoil. When I go to the beach these years, it is fully clothed and I sit under a shade tree at a bench and table doing my needlework. I will wear a tank top, but that is far as I am willing to go. Flabby arms and all. I am going to look for a You Tube exercise to tighten up my flabby arms. That is something I can do when I am sitting just watching TV.

I never thought I would be this weight again in my life. And if Winthrop shows concern for just how much I have lost, I say "to heck with what they think". I am very happy with my life as it now stands.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks CWS, it's been a tough couple of months at this homestead. Just not in the Holiday Spirit. On the 27th Shrek and I will be married 30 years, that I feel happy about.
PF, there were time I wondered if either of my marriages would last 27 minutes longer. And yet there were times I was very grateful for just 27 minutes more.

I often think of my youngest daughter at this time of year. I can't help wishing she could be here to see how great her kids turned out. But I know in my heart that she is looking down on them, and making sure they stay safe. And then I start thing on my oldest daughter and her battle of cancer. I still have her. And for that I am grateful for every extra minute I do. Whether it be Christmas or the 15th of August, it doesn't matter. Only that you still have the one you love at that moment. I try to tell my kids at least once a day that I love them. Then Spike comes back with, "they have a cure for that". Smartass kid!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #26
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I'm one of those people who look OK fully-clothed. Without clothing, not so much. Bathing suits don't work either, now I need a burkah.
I've needed a burkah for years.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Stray Thoughts 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I've needed a burkah for years.

:sigh: I'm tall, skinny, lumpy and saggy. Will have to look up BurkahsRus. Or maybe Overstock.com has them at a discount.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #28
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Short fat and dumpy here, no waist even if the weight came off.

Whatever it was trying to catch me, finally caught up. I've spent most of the day in bed. Making French Onion Soup as a cure-all.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

So sorry, PF. Drat. Hope you feel better soon, Sweetie!

Oh good lord, the guy playing musica off our balcony is doing a fantastica rendition of Carlos Santana.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Dang, I looked up arm exercises on You Tube. The majority of them require hand bells. Something I do not own. So I found one without them and lo and behold. Who knew the ones we had to do in gym, are also good for bat wings. I was doing some of them along with this very young girl. My arms hurt. So they must work. And one of the ones for double chin (something I am lacking) is one a physical therapist taught me years ago to prevent a muscle spasm in my neck. Maybe that is why I don't have one. I am in better shape than I thought.