Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not good, Addie. Hope the officers are OK.

We hung most of our laundry on a clothesline when we stayed on our little island in Canada in the summers. Even underwear. I'd ask my mom to please not do that, but she didn't listen.

We hung most of our laundry on a clothesline when we stayed on our little island in Canada in the summers. Even underwear. I'd ask my mom to please not do that, but she didn't listen.
I have heard that in some places underwear is hung on the line inside of pillowcases. :LOL:

Thank you. They are presently stable, but critical. The citizens of this part of Boston gathered at the police station to hold their prayer session. And City Hall, police stations and other government buildings are all lit up in blue.

Nothing like climbing in bed and having clean, outdoor dried linens to sleep on.

Why is it that when I wash the sheets and a blanket together and carefully put them in the dryer, they wad themselves in a ball, and nothing gets dry?
That happens to just king sheets/pillow cases in my new, bigger dryer. Didn't seem to be as much of a problem when we had the old dryer. I loved hanging everything but dress clothes out in our first yard. The trees were placed just right for the lines, and I knew how to rotate through the different loads for optimal drying. The second yard wasn't as good, so I had just one long line for sheets. Here, all the trees are in the wrong places, and don't want to hang them out anyway for fear of getting ticks in the sheets and not seeing them. Not good.

Now can someone tell me why I put sweatshirts into the dryer outside-in, and they come out of the dryer inside-out? :huh:

Oki? why cant underwear hang on drying lines???

Sorry the Swede over here doesnt understand why? Do they explode? Take over the world? Dry incorrectly? Do children go blind from seeing them?

I guess people just didn't want others to see their underwear, CP? Maybe they were embarrassed? Never bothered me. Just think, if someone hangs everything BUT underwear, the neighbors might all think you don't wear any! :LOL: I don't know if your country has a phrase for that, but over here we call that "going commando".

Komando!!

Nah it never bothered me, we all have underwear, whats wrong with that? I never understand people who panic if see in underwear but can go in bikini when swimming, it the same amount of fabric.

Swedes are not that prudish and bothered when it comes to underwear, it can hang on the line and no one cares.

How ever we did have a thief where in this area who only took granny type knickers, me and two older ladies got our stolen. Yes now you know the choice of my knickers. ;)

Komando!!

Nah it never bothered me, we all have underwear, whats wrong with that? I never understand people who panic if see in underwear but can go in bikini when swimming, it the same amount of fabric.

Swedes are not that prudish and bothered when it comes to underwear, it can hang on the line and no one cares.

How ever we did have a thief where in this area who only took granny type knickers, me and two older ladies got our stolen. Yes now you know the choice of my knickers. ;)
:LOL: about the thief.

Komando eh? I betcha Danes are using that too now.

Yes the Swedish word is Komando ( commando). But yes it was weird, only one type was stolen and only from 16 household Laundry room, it was really weird because to get in here, you need a key or be working for our landlord.

We have clowns scaring people here too. Not sure they're stealing grannie panties, but they might be.

But why clowns? Is this some one who is dyslexic and thought Oh lets do a clone war but the memo that went out said clown war?

I just looked up "commando" in my Danish-English/English-Danish dictionary. In Danish, it's spelled "kommando". ;) Danes and Swedes don't always spell words the same way, even when they sound the same. Sometimes they spell a word the same way, but don't pronounce it the same. E.g., the word for "machine" is "maskin" in both languages. The Danes pronounce the "k" like in English. In Swedish, it's a soft "k", so they pronounce the word almost like in English. :LOL:

Hmmph. I guess I can forgive the Norwegians for this nonsense. They are probably still smarting from all those years of Danish rule. But, I thought Swedes would have gotten over the Kalmar Union by now. That ended almost 500 years ago. :-p

(You know I'm just yanking your chain. Seems fair since you tried to yank mine. ;))

We have clowns scaring people here too. Not sure they're stealing grannie panties, but they might be.

I know of one clown that has given up pranking folks. Someone came after him wielding and waving a machete. That clown couldn't run fast enough as he started pulling and ripping off his costume.

Then we just had a father dressed as a clown following his son's school bus as a joke. The driver had the good sense to call the cops. One father who won't be showing off his sense of humor. Had a hard time explaining his way out of that one.

Wondering how it's possible that as of today, I'm the mother of a 40 year old daughter. Happy birthday to Rebecca...my first born baby girl! :)

Back
Top Bottom