Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww. Happy birthday, Rebecca! We love your mom!

Awww....thank you, Dawg. Time goes by SO fast...she lives 100 miles away and I couldn't be with her, so we chatted 2 full hours on the phone today. :LOL: Seems like it was just yesterday I spent my 21st birthday with my precious newborn. :wub:

My mom and I could spend 2 hours on the phone, never noticed the time! So glad you have a great daughter, Cheryl!

Sure miss my mom and our long "discussions". We managed to solve all the world's problems!

Last edited:
My mom and I could spend 2 hours on the phone, never noticed the time! So glad you have a great daughter, Cheryl!

Sure miss my mom and our long "discussions". We managed to solve all the world's problems!

Yep, I miss those talks with my mom and having all the answers, too. :LOL: Rebecca - and now my youngest, Victoria - we still continue to discuss our solutions for everything in the world. LOL.

Happy birthday to your daughter Cheryl! You beat me my daughter turns 40 in February. How did I get so old???

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Happy birthday to your daughter Cheryl! You beat me my daughter turns 40 in February. How did I get so old??��

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Somebunny! Thank you. It's so good to see you. I know....time flies, huh? I just checked in for a minute before bed - hope to 'see' you tomorrow! :flowers:

Cheryl, how could you possibly have a 40 year old daughter? You don't type a day over 35! :-p Hope your Rebecca had a wonderful birthday.

Somebunny! I've been wondering how you have been. Good to see you. Don't wait another year+ before you visit again.

Two years ago my grandson turned 30, a daughter 50 and I 70.

My daughter mentioned we all had that zero at the end. I replied don't be silly, I'm nnnnot that age, nor you, nor him.

Denial
Denial
Denial!
Can't be true...
img_1484178_0_2e56940b5b78f8c9af1ee3abd3bb4e04.gif

I cut some rosemary off my plant to use with chicken. I decided that I had cut to much, so I put a stem in water so it would stay fresh. It grew roots. I guess it wanted to live, so I better plant it.

dragnlaw: I met the grandmother of one of my daughters daycare mates, she is 2 years older then me, her daughter is the same age as my oldest son. Yeah, I feel old.

In our combine families, we have four children one 40 (three over 45), 4 out of 5 grandchildren are adults and our one great grandchild is 2½.

dragnlaw: I met the grandmother of one of my daughters daycare mates, she is 2 years older then me, her daughter is the same age as my oldest son. Yeah, I feel old.
Nonsense, you are only as old as you feel so stop feeling old.

(I'm 67 and I'm damned if I'm going to feel old.)

Nonsense, you are only as old as you feel so stop feeling old.

(I'm 67 and I'm damned if I'm going to feel old.)

Best advice in the world. I will be 72 this year and I feel like an (admittedly out of shape) 47 year old. very very out of shape, :rolleyes: I'm always shocked when I look in the mirror and say "who the heck is that!"
and have a friend 3 years older who's in better shape than I!

Last edited:
Best advice in the world. I will be 72 this year and I feel like an (admittedly out of shape) 47 year old. very very out of shape, :rolleyes: I'm always shocked when I look in the mirror and say "who the heck is that!"
and have a friend 3 years older who's in better shape than I!

It appears we're pretty close in age as I will be 72 this year as well and some time ago, I stopped looking in the mirror as it was disturbing.

some time ago, I stopped looking in the mirror as it was disturbing.

:LOL: I hear yuh, Andy. But I have to look because I have grandchildren and I don't want to scare them half to death looking like a banshee.:ermm:

Then there's the repairman, whose eyes get big as saucers and sidle around me to get to the appliances... :wacko::ohmy:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Relaxing in the recliner and flippin' through the channels this afternoon....can't believe I still get misty eyed over 40+ year old episodes of Little House on the Prairie. :ohmy::wacko::LOL:

Who knew? I read once that you can refill travel-size toothpaste. Had a bunch of partials, tried it, squeezed them into one tube, and by golly it works!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom