Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wha??? Dawgluver, how did you do that? tube to tube? mouth to mouth? Were they plastic tubes? the old metal ones? wha? how?

curious minds NEED to know!

Tube to tube/mouth to mouth! It works, and I didn't make a mess! No spillage or overflow. I did tap the tube being refilled every once in awhile, they were the plastic kind we get in the dental hygenist's goodie bag, and are great for travel. I did manage to put two different flavors together, but oh well.

Last edited:
I have to say those tubes are the greatest. Once a friend I was traveling with, a dentist hygenist, showed me the amount of paste really needed to clean your teeth properly. I nearly fell over backwards.

A blob the size of a small to medium blueberry! Since then the tube I get from the dentists' goodie bag "almost" lasts me til the next visit. Incredible. About once every 3 years I have to buy a small travel tube.

I laugh at my SIL who searches for tooth paste deals all the time. I asked her how much she uses and she said ... 'just like they show you on TV ads.. the big scoopy swirl they do!' OMG what a waste!

Now I am doubly, no - make that a triple - flabbergasted...

I may have read the outer box of a tube of toothpaste ummm, let's see... about 30 years ago...

and I have never, ever read anything on the tube itself.

The only thing I check is to see if it is a paste or gel, go figure.

You gals are amazing! (or bored) :D

Small kids should have as much tooth paste as their pinkie finger nail and adults should try to aim for about their pinkie finger nail too. Easy and you have that with you all the time. Now this doesn't mean the long nail but as much nail has you have on you finger before it goes over the edge.

Wondering why THREE appliances should all have faulty solenoids at about the same time???

If we'd had a solar flair and that was the guilty party, it would also have blown my TV & computer - which didn't happen, so...???

Relaxing in the recliner and flippin' through the channels this afternoon....can't believe I still get misty eyed over 40+ year old episodes of Little House on the Prairie. :ohmy::wacko::LOL:
They are re-running M*A*S*H (the series) on TV here at the moment. My social life has gone to pot because I can't bear to miss a single episode! I've fallen in love with BJ and Hawkeye all over again!

They are re-running M*A*S*H (the series) on TV here at the moment. My social life has gone to pot because I can't bear to miss a single episode! I've fallen in love with BJ and Hawkeye all over again!

You do know that Mash was on the air longer than the Korean Conflict lasted.

My silicone one started smelling weird, like rancid so we soaked them and washed them even more carefully, that just ended up with everything smelling like soap and even foaming in the oven. So good bye to them.

I HATE washing muffin tins.

Try bottle brushes. My SIL got two for me when we bought our milk in glass bottles from the dairy. That farm no longer sells their milk, so I now use the brushes for muffin tins and scone pans. Works really good in the bottom seam and tiny corners.

Try bottle brushes. My SIL got two for me when we bought our milk in glass bottles from the dairy. That farm no longer sells their milk, so I now use the brushes for muffin tins and scone pans. Works really good in the bottom seam and tiny corners.

It's not that it's particularly difficult, it's just that I hate the process of having to clean 6-12 holes in a pan. Both sides!

Back
Top Bottom