Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It jsut weird to me, since my vote does count as vote when I vote. I dont have to go by district or province or what heck it is. Thank God, for not having regional laws because then I am in theory kidnapped and in enemy country right now.

Last edited:
We all went at different times of the day/night to vote.
None of us received "I voted stickers" either.

The lines by the time we got there were long.You could actually feel the tension in the room. I've never seen such a turn out like that around here before. Good thing I had a cheat sheet ready with my answers. All I had to do was get the ballot,vote, and get out fast!

Honey Badger, was hubby able to cast his vote for this election? I hope so.

The lines all over the country were horrendously long. Some places had flaring tempers going off.

Our very unpopular maintenance man who lives in the building, was standing in the kitchen. The kitchen looks out over the community room where the polling station was set up. He was there for about an hour. The cop who was doing the second checking of voters, noticed that everyone who walked over to the table to place their ballot, kept looking in his direction. She couldn't see him as he was in back of her. She got up and had voters waiting, and saw him. She told him he couldn't stay there. He started to argue with her until she told him he was a distraction and breaking Federal Election Laws. "Do you want to go to jail today?" He couldn't exit that kitchen fast enough.

Here's my sticker, along with my suffragist pin.

And wearing purple for unity, too....good call, GG. Wish I had remembered to wear purple when I voted. Didn't think about it until I saw the Clintons at her concession speech.

Last edited:
It jsut weird to me, since my vote does count as vote when I vote. I dont have to go by district or province or what heck it is. Thank God, for not having regional laws because then I am in theory kidnapped and in enemy country right now.

Are you prevented by force from leaving? No? Then you're not kidnapped in any sense of the word :rolleyes:

The lines all over the country were horrendously long. Some places had flaring tempers going off.

That's not true. I was in and out of my voting station within 10 minutes, and so was my husband who went on his way to work. It happened in a few places - not "all over the country."

Honey Badger, was hubby able to cast his vote for this election? I hope so.

Our very unpopular maintenance man who lives in the building, was standing in the kitchen. The kitchen looks out over the community room where the polling station was set up. He was there for about an hour. The cop who was doing the second checking of voters, noticed that everyone who walked over to the table to place their ballot, kept looking in his direction. She couldn't see him as he was in back of her. She got up and had voters waiting, and saw him. She told him he couldn't stay there. He started to argue with her until she told him he was a distraction and breaking Federal Election Laws. "Do you want to go to jail today?" He couldn't exit that kitchen fast enough.

Yes he was Addie. They let us help him with getting his ballot and seat him at a table.We had to stand in line about 45 minutes.

GotGarlic: Well the old laws from "my " province and few more province states that this province is a rebel one ( well duh, it tried to be it own country) and therefor women of my standing ( it all due to my father's job), has to be married to a person of same law ( which is mountain) and same standing.

I married a Scot, and Scots used to legionnaires ( an not always for the Swedish army) in this area and since he nor of the mountain or of same standing, our marriage is null and avoid and I am kidnapped.

Old laws, got to love them.

Thanks for the explanation, but I still don't quite understand what you're talking about - especially the mountain part. It does sound like your laws need to be updated.

I'm perusing the remains of the clothes in the carry-on rollaboard I took on our recent cruise, and realizing I didn't wear even half of what I packed. Thinking I can get by with just a backpack for the next trip, it needs to have room for my fins though.

GotGarlic: They did, we removed all provincial and regional laws here, just one law book for one country.

Anyway, I was wondering how much butter must there be in buttercream to legally call it buttercream?

RIP, my sweet little Mugo pine tree that we'd view from the sunroom. We dug it up and moved it around at least 3 times, and it grew to 20 feet. It was a favorite of our resident birds, but it died this spring. A friend with a chainsaw took it out today.

Last edited:
GotGarlic: Well the old laws from "my " province and few more province states that this province is a rebel one ( well duh, it tried to be it own country) and therefor women of my standing ( it all due to my father's job), has to be married to a person of same law ( which is mountain) and same standing.

I married a Scot, and Scots used to legionnaires ( an not always for the Swedish army) in this area and since he nor of the mountain or of same standing, our marriage is null and avoid and I am kidnapped.

Old laws, got to love them.

CP, We used to have what were called "Blue Laws" because they were written on blue paper. They were written during the days of the Puritans. Such as no liquor could be sold or partaken of on a Sunday. Well, they finally got rid of all of them except one. That one they kept as a reminder of our past.

"Every male shall carry his musket to Sunday services to help ward off the evil savages." Today know as Native Americans.

RIP, my sweet little Mugo pine tree that we'd view from the sunroom. We dug it up and moved it around at least 3 times, and it grew to 20 feet. It was a favorite of our resident birds, but it died this spring. A friend with a chainsaw took it out today.

I felt the same way when I lost my big Pine tree in my back yard. It was right outside my bedroom window. I miss seeing the Cardinals that were there every day.

My county still has blue laws against retail stores selling goods on Sunday. So our malls are empty but you get stuck in monster traffic out of county because everyone is going to the malls in the other counties. Especially Sundays till Christmas.

I felt the same way when I lost my big Pine tree in my back yard. It was right outside my bedroom window. I miss seeing the Cardinals that were there every day.

Even though it was totally dead, I still watched the downy woodpeckers, flickers, cardinals, and others hang out in it. I feel a loss. My poor little tree put up with a lot, and never complained.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom