Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No the leaf blower noise is calming compared to that leaf eating monster, it jsut gives me a headache every time.. 3 hours of the sounds and I am dead. Oh and they do it for 3- 4 hours... vom.

No the leaf blower noise is calming compared to that leaf eating monster, it jsut gives me a headache every time.. 3 hours of the sounds and I am dead. Oh and they do it for 3- 4 hours... vom.

If it was calming, I wouldn't say I hated it :rolleyes: You can have your opinion, but please don't discount mine.

Last edited:
This property is ringed with oak trees. Great big healthy oak trees. On all four sides. Because this is elderly housing, no leaf blowers allowed. The fallen leaves are at least an inch thick. If not even thicker. Very dangerous. I have seen parked cars slipping when trying to pull out from the curb.

So instead of leaf blowers, we have maintenance men out there at eight in the morning every day riding this huge monster around and around the property cutting and collecting the grass cuttings. What a racket it makes. For all the fallen leaves, the workers go out there each day and try to get up as many as they can. The city provides huge bags just for the leaves. Then they sent over to a processing place that mulches them. Come spring you can get all the mulch you want for your garden for free.

GG: when you met the munch my landlord has, you will find leaf blowers calming.. it really weird, I hate them too normally but after the muncher has been at it for 3 hours and they start using the leaf blower to get the last one... oh it sooo soothing and calming. I am guessing the brain is fried at that point.

I seriously believe the only thing keeping me from being a widow is that I might miss Himself after I kill him...:glare: That, and jail.

Got to visit a few of my students' parents (and a few students) in jail. Not a fun place. You have to check your purse.

You may be talking prison after you are convicted. Prison might be more comfortable, more space.

I seriously believe the only thing keeping me from being a widow is that I might miss Himself after I kill him...:glare: That, and jail.

That is a great possibility. Nursing him back to health, could become a weapon for future use.

Example:

"After I gave up our Christmas trip to nurse and take care of you, and you can't even do this little thing for me?"

;) All is fair in love and war, so they say!

Last edited:
...Nursing him back to health, could become a weapon for future use....All is fair in love and war, so they say!
Sorry, Addie, but I couldn't do that. I'm not a vindictive...witch. Besides, if you really love someone you just forgive them. No sense in plotting how to get even.

Tell himself that self medicating with Adult beverages only dehydrates him and blocks the good effects from his intake that are beneficial. from "The Nurse"

Will do, Boss! ;) Actually, he has been leaning heavily on hot tea with just honey, and soup. Sadly, any homemade has been consumed, given away, or frozen because it's promised to the Kids. Doesn't matter, since his taster is shot and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and Progresso. :LOL:

Progresso is good soup. Add some sriracha and it would be great. Sorry Himself is sick. Keep him bundled, tylenol for fever and hydrated. Large box of kleenex and my favorite for chapped nose is carmex.

Sounds like what I am doing for myself right now...

Sorry, Addie, but I couldn't do that. I'm not a vindictive...witch. Besides, if you really love someone you just forgive them. No sense in plotting how to get even.

I understand. But I feel so bad for you. I know how much you look forward to these trips back home.

I talked to my daughter today. This is the first time I know of that she didn't put up any decorations. Not even a tree. And there will be no Christmas dinner either. But that is fine with me. With all that has been going on with this family this past month, a nice quiet day sounds like heaven right now.

Back
Top Bottom