"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #361
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
How do you put your face down, when you can't stop smiling???

I tried to smoosh it, but it didn't work!
I'm not getting this, but I'm glad you're smiling!

I do have a tip I've learned, though. If you're 60 or over, never look down into a mirror.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #362
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Stray Thoughts 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I'm not getting this, but I'm glad you're smiling!

I do have a tip I've learned, though. If you're 60 or over, never look down into a mirror.

I don't bother with mirrors any more! What I mean was that my face can't relax into anything but a smile, I am so happy!

I'm not 60 yet. I just had a birthday, will have to do the math, which others can attest to, has never been my strong suit. Oh well, who cares?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #363
Master Chef

Quote:
I don't bother with mirrors any more! What I mean was that my face can't relax into anything but a smile, I am so happy!
That made me smile just reading that.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #364
Master Chef

Quote:
...my face can't relax into anything but a smile, I am so happy!
That's a good "problem" to have, Dawg. Now...are you going to share with us what brings you much joy? Or are you just going to leave us all to hang?
Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #365
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My niece and nephew!!
Old 03-27-2016, 12:45 AM   #366
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm expecting some really hideous pictures of me to show up somewhere, courtesy of my dear brother with a big camera, whom I did not beat enough when he was a child. (BTW, I'm kidding.) Though I'm thinking of beating him now, just not in front of his kids.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #367
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What a great idea.
Thought you might like to know. They did the same thing at the Perkins Institute for the Blind yesterday. (The same school Heller Keller attended.)
Old 03-27-2016, 08:31 AM   #368
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm expecting some really hideous pictures of me to show up somewhere, courtesy of my dear brother with a big camera, whom I did not beat enough when he was a child. (BTW, I'm kidding.) Though I'm thinking of beating him now, just not in front of his kids.
Well, since all my kids are grown and my only sister gone, I have often thought of just finding some neighborhood kids and beating the heck out of them just for the share joy of it. I am sure on at least one day in the short little lives, they did something bad and never got caught. So it will be my pleasure to step in in lieu of the parents.

Just kidding folks. One of the questions asked of the Celebrity at the end of the session on Actors Studio is "What sound do you enjoy the most and What sound do you hate the most?" For me it is the sound of a child's giggle and the second would be the sound of a child crying.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #369
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I too did not beat my brother enough when he was a kid. He turned out okay though, just loves to harass his big sisters.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:23 AM   #370
Chef Extraordinaire

I was watching a documentary about the 400 years the Romans ruled Britain. I got to think of how much of England we here in Massachusetts have clung to our past. That Revolution War was not enough to make us change our language.

In legalese terms, we have clung to so many British expressions. All towns and cities are listed in the following manner. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, in the County of Suffolk, in the Shire of Boston. All towns and cities are referred to as "Shires." And old British term. And still used there today. We have so many towns that were named after towns in England. The rest are named after Native Americans or some of their words. But mostly English names. We even have a town named after King George III. The very King we fought against. This is true of most of the 13 Original Colonies. I have the feeling every time Queen Elizabeth came for a visit, she felt right at home.

A lot of our foods and dishes are from original recipes that came over from England. Yes, we do make Yorkshire Pudding with our roast beef. And I am sure there are many more that I can't think of right at this moment.

I love American History along with English History.