Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Progresso is good soup. Add some sriracha and it would be great. Sorry Himself is sick. Keep him bundled, tylenol for fever and hydrated. Large box of kleenex and my favorite for chapped nose is carmex.

Sounds like what I am doing for myself right now...
Ohh, hope you feel better soon, PF. :heart:

He said your sriracha plans sounds like a good way to burn the cold out! :LOL: Also said "thanks" for your nurserly* concern. He doesn't have a fever anymore; we prefer Puffs; and I've never heard of/noticed "carmex". I just use baby-powder scented petroleum jelly. Smells SO much better than the name brand.

*not a real word, using creative license ;)

Carmex can be found in your finer grocery stores, pharmacies, Walmart, Walgreens....ad nauseum. Usually by the checkouts next to the chapstick.

I'm at least mobile, planning on doing some house cleaning. Cough has died down, now to get rid of the nasal congestion. Sure I picked this up at work, some people don't know how to stay home when they are sick...me included.

Andy just reminded me...now that I live "out in the boonies" I need to make "Always Lists" for those shopping trips that are far away. Costco, H-Mart, Natural Grocers, etc. I only make it there every three months or so, depending on the weather. Wintertime I depend on Jet.com and Amazon.

I think I will get some wipe boards to make permanent lists on...

Andy just reminded me...now that I live "out in the boonies" I need to make "Always Lists" for those shopping trips that are far away. Costco, H-Mart, Natural Grocers, etc. I only make it there every three months or so, depending on the weather. Wintertime I depend on Jet.com and Amazon.

I think I will get some wipe boards to make permanent lists on...

I use the notes function on my phone and laptop.

Ohh, hope you feel better soon, PF. :heart:

He said your sriracha plans sounds like a good way to burn the cold out! :LOL: Also said "thanks" for your nurserly* concern. He doesn't have a fever anymore; we prefer Puffs; and I've never heard of/noticed "carmex". I just use baby-powder scented petroleum jelly. Smells SO much better than the name brand.

*not a real word, using creative license ;)

I use A&D Ointment for chapped nose and any skin irritations. Smells strange but works.

Trust me, CakePoet, tissues are a much better idea in our house when we have very runny noses. If we used our hankies for colds, I'd have to wash a generous load every day. Each hankie would be good for one use...would not want to touch it again!

Dear Santa,

I would like a cell phone for Christmas...
5b11e07576223667dfa3d66f9b667601.jpg

I thought you never wanted a smart phone? Surprise! Hope Santa brings you a nice one.

DH brought home a lovely box of assorted See's chocolates as a gift from one of his work clients. I don't care for the chocolate covered caramels with rum flavoring. I bit into two at different times, thinking that since they were rectangular they'd be straight chocolate and caramel, but yuck, rum flavored. I just stuck the two uneaten halves together and made a new chocolate, and put it back in the box. DH may have it.

Last edited:
DH brought home a lovely box of assorted See's chocolates as a gift from one of his work clients. I don't care for the chocolate covered caramels with rum flavoring. I bit into two at different times, thinking that since they were rectangular they'd be straight chocolate and caramel, but yuck, rum flavored. I just stuck the two uneaten halves together and made a new chocolate, and put it back in the box. DH may have it.

Lol, Dawg. If you run a heated exacto knife over the incision, no one will ever know that they were once two pieces of chocolate.

Lol, Dawg. If you run a heated exacto knife over the incision, no one will ever know that they were once two pieces of chocolate.

The travesty was, there was no chocolate map. And rectangular ones are ALWAYS chocolate with caramel, no rum, raspberry or coconut. Apparently, See's didn't read the rules. I smushed them together pretty good. Never should have told DH.

Last edited:
I use Puffs Plus with aloe but still get chapped. And several times when I had the flu the chapped nose turned into impetigo (sp).

Weighed myself the morning we left for OH. Weighed myself the first morning we were back home (Friday). The scale showed the same number! This leads me to two different conclusions, unsure which is correct.
1) In spite of eating too many wrong foods, I spent enough time on my feet wandering Loverly's kitchen while cooking that I ended up with a zero-balance calorie count, or
2) My scale is stuck on a number. :ermm:

I'm picking #1. ;)

CG, did you peel that thin piece of clear plastic off the display of the scale? It has a number imprinted on it to show you what the display looks like when you buy it and put batteries in... :wacko:

:angel:

Back
Top Bottom