Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely think the member with the most posts should get a trophy.

Be careful what you wish for!

attachment.php

LOL.. I hear you both on the 'post counts' another forum I was on had someone who would post "Wow!" or "Oh My" to ANY comment, however trivial, to someone else's post. There was no doubt that she was very knowledgeable in the subjects but so were a lot of other people and she would just blithely go ahead and repeat the same advice over, without ever acknowledging a previous persons same, and correct, advice.

well hell... until reading this thread I'd never paid any attention to post counts, other than to think, "wow, some members are really active"..

I like to acknowledge people posts.. I asked about a "like" button, in another thread, just for that purpose.. Now I'm gonna feel guilty when I say something about a post I've read... :ermm:

Ross

well hell... until reading this thread I'd never paid any attention to post counts, other than to think, "wow, some members are really active"..

I like to acknowledge people posts.. I asked about a "like" button, in another thread, just for that purpose.. Now I'm gonna feel guilty when I say something about a post I've read... :ermm:

Ross
When you get to certain levels, the title under your username changes. One day, you, too, can be a Chef Extraordinaire just by posting day after day! ;)

Ross

I've seen no evidence of you trying to pad your post count. Just keep on as you are. Now I am the worst for padding my post count...aside from Andy M, troublemaker.:rolleyes:

I have no idea what to do with it, other than reseeding bare patches in the lawn or making chia pets with blue flowers. Nobody else does either. DH brought it home.

So we can use it as the post-count trophy. It's hermetically sealed.

Last edited:
But Princess! you didn't inscribe Andy's name!

It's a beautiful trophy and I hope Andy posts hangs it in an appropriate prominent place in his home.

Wow, you guys took this way off from the direction I thought it would go! :LOL: Then again, I've been here so long I should not be surprised. :ROFLMAO: My "post count" part was more of a throw-away line. My real stray thought was how some people make a non-sequitur post to anything someone else says. Doesn't have anything to do with the original post or any of the side roads that resulted from it. It just zoom comes at ya out of right field! My Facebook feed also has this issue. I now skim the "Notifications" to see if either kid or one of my good friends has posted anything interesting. I don't watch all those videos people are so happy to "share", I don't want to see all the recipes that everyone wants to "share", I just want to know what is going on in your life, thank you. At least I have the chance to sit down to talk and share a pot of tea with the people who live close by.

BTW, I suggest the Bag o' Seeds is awarded to the next person to stray too far off topic...anywhere but here. After all, this IS "Stray Thoughts". :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom