"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-31-2016, 09:34 PM   #481
Sous Chef

I started out with Metacrawler. I was looking for model horses for sale. EBay was in its infancy at that point.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #482
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
I was trying to catch a stray thought one day, but it ran out in the street and got run over by a cement truck. I decided right then to let any others I stumbled across to run free.
That reminds me of this story.

Once upon a time, there was a head. This head had no body so he had to sit in the house all day watching the other children play. Then one day, the head woke up and he had a body! He was so delighted, the first thing he did was run out to play with the other children. He tore across the street and was hit by a truck and killed.

Moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #483
Master Chef

How can you tell if Bleu Cheese has spoiled? Does it lose the "blue" and turn all white?

I know, I'll give it to Himself to test. After all, he's the only one who eats it here.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #484
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
How can you tell if Bleu Cheese has spoiled? Does it lose the "blue" and turn all white?

I know, I'll give it to Himself to test. After all, he's the only one who eats it here.
It can grow other colours of mould. The white part can turn yellowish. It can get slimey. It can get dry, but that's still good.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #485
Chef Extraordinaire

Michael Phelps has more medals than 188 other participating countries. Only 16 countries has more than him. Go Michael!
Old 08-14-2016, 02:09 AM   #486
Master Chef

I wonder why we have so many "members" that are always PMing but have never joined into our conversations...
Old 08-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #487
Master Chef

I was wondering that same thing, CG. Some have been members here for close to a year. Jump on in, folks!
Old 08-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #488
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
I was wondering that same thing, CG. Some have been members here for close to a year. Jump on in, folks!
Exactly. I don't know how many "active" members we have here but it seems like less than 1% of the members make up for over 99% of all the posts made here...
Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 PM   #489
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Stray Thoughts 2.0

It is strange. Maybe they do it so they can avoid spam. You'd think Gmail would work too.

We have a poltergeist. The fridge/freezer light hasn't worked for over two weeks. Yesterday it worked three times, so it's not that the bulbs burned out. And then our DirectTv satellite dish kept resetting our TVs. The events didn't go on at the same time. Today, no fridge lights, but DTV has worked just fine.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:42 AM   #490
Master Chef

Check to see if the bulb is loose. Sometimes just the open/close action will make it just loose enough that sometimes you'll have contact, sometimes not. And we've heard your stories about the reliability of your satellite dish. Maybe a ghost, maybe not.

I think we have one, too. We have a battery-operated candle in the family room. You screw it in tight to the base so the battery is "on", you unscrew it to turn it off. When we came back from OH last month, the light was on and flickering (it DOES have a flicker bulb). I unscrewed it plenty. Last night I went into the family room to get a coaster from the end table drawer...and the danged thing was lit again! Either a ghost or some really strong, screwy gravity.