Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't need to infiltrate, you are more than welcome!
But you must be wearing a pink skirt and sweater ensemble. Skirt to be just below the knee. Pill box hat to match your purse - your colour choice. And Fire Engine Red lipstick.

and as a newcomer to the group - you will "host' (as in pay for) that first luncheon for all.
Does that apply to the male members too?

Does that apply to the male members too?
Of course it does! Although for a male, I would suggest a slightly more muted lipstick color, especially if you sport a mustache and beard. The fire engine red tends to make your mouth look like a gaping crimson hole!

I’m starting to thank Siri when “she”gives me the high temp for the day, or does a quick calculation for me. Am I headed toward the cliff?

Only the Cleveland Browns could end a losing streak by not winning.

A tie is like kissing your sister, as the saying goes... or in your case, kissing your brother.

Not a great day for a Steelers fan, either. Six turnovers -- I'm not sure how the Browns didn't win with the Steelers giving up six turnovers.

CD

I’m starting to thank Siri when “she”gives me the high temp for the day, or does a quick calculation for me. Am I headed toward the cliff?

I hold entire conversations with my cats, correct grammar and all! I see no difference in speaking to an object that speaks. Our responses are ingrained, I once told my Unit Manager, "Love you!" when saying good-bye on the phone.:LOL: Her response, "Awww, I love you, too!"

I guess this "stray thoughts" thread is the place to post this.

Some of you know that I belong to a group of long time friends called "The Lunch Bunch". We've lunched together every Tuesday for more years than I can count.

Thought I'd share a little of what it's like..

Lunch With Girlfriends

Elaine’s vertigo has never been worse
Kay can’t recall where she left her purse
Rhonda’s about to replace her knees
Linda’s breathing is tinged with a wheeze

Donna's left boob has a troublesome lump
Diane’s on her third trip to take a dump
Lorraine’s husband can’t remember a thing
Nine years a widow, Marge still wears her ring

Marlene is dealing with another UTI
Sally’s giving a hearing aid another try
Marie has decided she can’t drive at night
Sharon still wears clothes two sizes too tight

They’ve been through divorces and babies and wakes
They do for each other whatever it takes
They’ve already buried Marcia and Kate
And truthfully, Lizzie’s not looking so great

So whenever they can, they get out to eat
Open bottles of wine and forget their sore feet
There’s laughing and crying and letting down guards
And when the bill comes, there’s ten credit cards

So here’s to the waiters who keep orders straight
And to the places that let lunches run three hours late
And here’s to the girlfriends, those near and those far
Here's to the girlfriends, you know who you are!!!

Oh, how I know those feelings. Thanks for the laugh K.

I hold entire conversations with my cats, correct grammar and all! I see no difference in speaking to an object that speaks. Our responses are ingrained, I once told my Unit Manager, "Love you!" when saying good-bye on the phone.:LOL: Her response, "Awww, I love you, too!"

You are not alone. Me, Spike and Pirate all talk to Teddy as if he was human. I am grandma, Pirate is uncle and Spike is Daddy.

And for "Love you", I say it to my kids every time I talk to them on the phone. And now I find myself closing every conversation with that. Even when I have to call Winthrop.

Love You!

You are not alone. Me, Spike and Pirate all talk to Teddy as if he was human. I am grandma, Pirate is uncle and Spike is Daddy.
Love You!

I talk to my dog, also named Teddy (AKA psycho-poodle). When I can't find my iPhone, I ask him, "Teddy, what did you do with my phone?" He never has an answer. :LOL:

My favorite is when I look out the kitchen window and see one of the many squirrels in my neighborhood in the yard. It only takes one word, "squirrel," and he's at the back door ready for the chase. He's never going to catch one, but he has so much fun trying.

CD

I talk to my dog, also named Teddy (AKA psycho-poodle). When I can't find my iPhone, I ask him, "Teddy, what did you do with my phone?" He never has an answer. :LOL:

My favorite is when I look out the kitchen window and see one of the many squirrels in my neighborhood in the yard. It only takes one word, "squirrel," and he's at the back door ready for the chase. He's never going to catch one, but he has so much fun trying.
CD

Sounds like my daughter's Maltese. There is a huge elm tree in the next yard along with telephone poles. So all day the squirrels run the wires to go to the roof of my daughter's garage. Her dog goes crazy running back and forth on their porch. One day a baby squirrel was following its mother, and fell off the wire. Her dog saw that and there was no way he was going to calm down. She had to bring him in the house.

We (my family) all tell each other "Love you" when we end a phone call or we get ready to leave after seeing them. Mom having the aneurysm in 2016 kind of got us started doing that.

We (my family) all tell each other "Love you" when we end a phone call or we get ready to leave after seeing them. Mom having the aneurysm in 2016 kind of got us started doing that.

That is our family habit also...but telling my unit manager that? ROFL!

For the life of me, I can't remember if I told Shrek I loved him on the day he died...

Over the years I have also told family members "You are my favorite first born daughter, son, youngest, middle or whatever title fits their place in the family. It was a couple of years before Spike's only child figured out what it meant when I told him he was my favorite first born grandson. Duh!

I once told my mother she was my favorite mother of all times. She started to cry.

PF, I think Shrek knew you loved him with your very being. Sometimes even though it is nice to hear the words, deeds speak louder than any words could.

The best time to tell someone you love them, is when it is completely out of the blue and unexpected.

I now find myself letting Pirate know I love him because he ……… Fill in the blank. Because he cooks all the foods I love, helps me keep the apartment clean and safe for me, teaches me new ways to do chores in a wheelchair, etc. And with that "I love you", goes a "Thank you, ALWAYS.

For those with small children, start with those three words and let them grow up hearing them. At least once a day. Growing up, I had friends that never heard those words from their parents. And if your children are parents now, tell your grandchildren. Every time you see them. And a nice hug to go with those words.

Every morning as I headed out the door to go to school, those words sent me on my way a very happy child. And I tried to do the same for my kids.

For the life of me, I can't remember if I told Shrek I loved him on the day he died...

Having experienced that situation, I'm certain that he knew you love him, regardless of whether or not you vocally expressed doing so.. :)

And just think.. As with me, 25 years from now, no matter the direction of your life, he will still know of your love..

Ross

I’m betting you did, Princess.

I once told a pharmacist “love you” on the phone before we disconnected. I don’t think I’ve heard someone laugh that hard since Mom passed away!

CD

Funny...but since this is stray thoughts, I always figured Psycho-Poodle's name was Casey! Now I can put a correct name with the dog. :LOL:

I've said 'love ya!' at the end of a phone call to more people than I care to admit to :LOL: out of the same habit with my family. There's an old episode of "King of Queens" I watched the other night where Carrie said the same thing to her boss when ending a call. She agonized over it :ROFLMAO:

Princess, I'm sure Shrek knew how much you loved him, and you probably told him several times that very day. :heart:

Something I have never done.

Today I am asking for prayers. There are presently 39/40 fires from some very major gas line explosions. Fire departments from out of state are responding to help. Each fire requires at least three pieces of equipment.

My grandson (Pirate's son) is a firefighter for North Andover. Seventeen firefighters so far have been taken to the hospital. We don't know and neither does Pirate's DIL if her husband is one of them. So far she has not heard any word and can't find out anything either. All she can do is sit by the phone and wait. And so are the two of us here.

So for the first time in my life I am asking for prayers for not only my grandson, but for all the injured firefighters. Most of the explosions have occurred in North Andover, where my grandson lives. All gas lines have been shut off and now with so many homes lying in shambles, a lot of live electrical wires are on the ground and other buildings that are still standing causing the start of other fires.

The police have been busy evacuating whole neighborhoods. All gas has been shut off and the electricity. The residents in three towns have been ordered to evacuate pronto. No argument allowed. Shelters have been set up by the Red Cross for the evacuees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom