Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of memory, my older son claims to remember stuff before he was even born, and tries to correct my actual factual memory of them. I love him to pieces but it gets really annoying. I'm always telling him some of my memories are before he even existed, as impossible as that seems to him. Kids.:wacko: Grown kids.:wacko:

Maybe he's thinking of a previous life.

I was reading some of the craziest things kids say to their parents once, but then I got to the comments. It quit being crazy and cute and became straight up scary. Over and over and over and over, parents would say their kid would mention what happened "when he lived before he came to this mommy and daddy."

A lot of it could be verified by the parents, too. It was enough to put the hair up on the back of your neck. Three hundred comments later, I think I'm a believer in reincarnation of some sort. And I never thought that would happen.

I was reading some of the craziest things kids say to their parents once, but then I got to the comments. It quit being crazy and cute and became straight up scary. Over and over and over and over, parents would say their kid would mention what happened "when he lived before he came to this mommy and daddy."

A lot of it could be verified by the parents, too. It was enough to put the hair up on the back of your neck. Three hundred comments later, I think I'm a believer in reincarnation of some sort. And I never thought that would happen.

It's certainly crossed my mind more than once since he was born.
The first time was when he was about 3yr old and we were on a camping trip when he insisted we had been there before but we didn't look the same. The hair has stood up on the back of my neck many times, mostly when he was a little boy. Now he has his own grown kids and thinks he just knows more than his Mom.:rolleyes: I tell him I've been alive 20 yrs longer than him and he just laughs. I love him anyway. :wub:

No "previous life" memories for me but I can distinctly remember being on the beach in my pram at Penmaenmawr on the North Wales coast and seeing a train going past. It was the only time we went to Penmaenmawr and I never went again until I was a student in Bangor, further along the coast. When I was about seven, the parents were talking about holidays. My Mother was somewhat startled when I talked about remembering the beach and the train, because I'd been only about 5 months old when we'd holidayed there.

We frequently underestimate what babies can absorb and remember. I don't find it weird that some children "remember" things that happened externally while they were in the womb. It's well known that unborn babies can react to music and sounds around them. My cousin was married to a thoroughly unpleasant man who was very unkind to her. In both of her pregnancies the babies used to react very actively when he had one of his shouting and throwing things and threatening sessions. Surprisingly, after she ditched him the children grew up to be sane and sensible men who never lost there tempers.

Last edited:
Note to self: remember to take diamond band from jeans pocket before washing...:ermm:

On the plus side, all the tiny stones were still in place, and the ring hasn't been THAT shiny in years! :LOL:

Sorry. No salty snow flakes. Last week I was down on the waterfront, and it started snowing like hell had broken loose. The wind was going at 35 m.p.h. I made a bee line to get back into the clinic.

Baseball is not meant to be played in this weather...
Screenshot_20190401-145635.jpg

In order to use my cellphone, I have it set up to require me to unlock it with my fingerprint. You can set up multiple fingers, or multiple users, or both. I thought "if they can do this with my phone, why can't car manufacturers do it with the ignition? A driver would need both the key/keyfob and a recognized fingerprint in order to get the car to start".

Some kind of set-up like that could prevent thieves stealing cars...from dingbats who leave the keys in the cup holder...and don't lock their car doors. :huh:

Heck, those people deserve to have their cars stolen. :D

Back
Top Bottom