"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2019, 10:10 PM   #1161
Chef Extraordinaire

Stray Thoughts

I just finished an article regarding the hair styles for the summer. They are no different than the way they look today.

Now if kept neat and not in the face, or falling down all over the food, Fine!

But I sick of seeing unkempt hair in the face, looking like it has never seen a comb or brush.

The woman that is the spoke person for National Floors is a prime example. He hair is a mess, and she probably has never held an iron in her hand. Her blouse is so wrinkled and her hair looks even worse.

Once I reached my 40's, I went with a pixie cut. Easy to care for with a quick spritz of hair spray. I have also noticed that just about every elderly woman in this building also keep their hair short. And guess what. Only one man here has a beard. Along with a full head of hair. The one woman here with long hair keeps it in a bun.

I know men love long hair on a woman, but I don't think they realize just how much work it can be to take care for it. During the 60's every girl and woman had a pixie cut. I would like to see that come back. Even if for just one season.

When I married my first husband, my hair was down to the bottom on my backside. I ran into him the day before the wedding. He asked me what I was going to do for my hair for the wedding. "You'll see." The next time he saw me, coming down the aisle, I had a really short pixie cut. I had bright red hair and sold what was cut off to a cancer hair project. I never told him I had sold it.

Only once after that did I let my hair grow down to just below my shoulders. A lot of trouble to care for, so off it came also. Although it was not as long as the people who buy the cut hair would have liked it, they still paid me for it.

So for the upcoming wedding, I will once again have a pixie cut. Mostly white hair, with some gray mixed in. Yay!!!

Old 08-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #1162
Chef Extraordinaire

To the moth in my teacup: I'm sorry I didn't see you before I poured hot water into the cup. You looked just like the tea bag you were cuddled up against.

Um, yup, that tea cup went into the dishwasher...

"Remember, all that matters in the end is getting the meal on the table." ~ Julia Child
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote