Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stray Thoughts

I just finished an article regarding the hair styles for the summer. They are no different than the way they look today.

Now if kept neat and not in the face, or falling down all over the food, Fine!

But I sick of seeing unkempt hair in the face, looking like it has never seen a comb or brush.

The woman that is the spoke person for National Floors is a prime example. He hair is a mess, and she probably has never held an iron in her hand. Her blouse is so wrinkled and her hair looks even worse.

Once I reached my 40's, I went with a pixie cut. Easy to care for with a quick spritz of hair spray. I have also noticed that just about every elderly woman in this building also keep their hair short. And guess what. Only one man here has a beard. Along with a full head of hair. The one woman here with long hair keeps it in a bun.

I know men love long hair on a woman, but I don't think they realize just how much work it can be to take care for it. During the 60's every girl and woman had a pixie cut. I would like to see that come back. Even if for just one season.

When I married my first husband, my hair was down to the bottom on my backside. I ran into him the day before the wedding. He asked me what I was going to do for my hair for the wedding. "You'll see." The next time he saw me, coming down the aisle, I had a really short pixie cut. I had bright red hair and sold what was cut off to a cancer hair project. I never told him I had sold it.

Only once after that did I let my hair grow down to just below my shoulders. A lot of trouble to care for, so off it came also. Although it was not as long as the people who buy the cut hair would have liked it, they still paid me for it.

So for the upcoming wedding, I will once again have a pixie cut. Mostly white hair, with some gray mixed in. Yay!!!

To the moth in my teacup: I'm sorry I didn't see you before I poured hot water into the cup.:neutral: You looked just like the tea bag you were cuddled up against.

Um, yup, that tea cup went into the dishwasher...

When I hit 20 years of age. I finally started gaining significsnt muscle
I could run multiple miles without feeling it
When I took off my shirt at San Diego braches, I was turning heads. Now, at 64 years old, when I take off my shirt, I,m still turning heads. Unfortunately.,the heads are turning away as the viewers demand, "Put the shirt back on!"

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Things that make you go, “Hmmmm...”

If it were true that a raw potato sucks salt out of soups, does that mean potato soup would always need seasoning?

I'm pumped! We have had an exceptionally mild winter. Some snow but not much at all. Warm enough that we're close to being the second warmest winter.

But what has me excited is that TWO different meteorologist have stated that winter is essentially over. No more worry about big snowstorms, or freezing cold weather.

I love my Tribe, but I love The Game, too. There are team fans only, and game fans who love a favorite team. I think it's safe to say that you and I fall into the second group.

One of my friends posted on FB, that now all the sports fans can understand how we felt when Firefly was cancelled. The brown coats will get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom