Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm draping black cloth over all my mirrors, CG.

Now I must admit, I'm seeing a LOT of people in bikinis and speedos who really shouldn't be wearing them. They would look much better in burkahs. Need to bring more eyebleach next time!

And while I'm at it, when we were in Antigua or some other place years ago, I commented about all the people who were running around topless/bottomless as we were getting on a boat tour. One of the elderly topless ladies commented to me, "Darlink, in Europe, all bodies are beautiful."

Loved it!

Last edited:
I know the feeling Dawg. But since I have lost so much weight, I now have a waistline. What a shock. I can put my hands on my hips. I am actually below the weight I was striving for. So I have to set a new number. When I consider I was at one time 180 pounds and am now down to 133 pounds, that is a lot of weight I am not carrying around. Of course it has taken me many years to get here, but I am happy. Would I wear a bathing suit? Only one piece with a skirt. Now it is my flabby arms that have me in such turmoil. When I go to the beach these years, it is fully clothed and I sit under a shade tree at a bench and table doing my needlework. I will wear a tank top, but that is far as I am willing to go. Flabby arms and all. I am going to look for a You Tube exercise to tighten up my flabby arms. That is something I can do when I am sitting just watching TV.

I never thought I would be this weight again in my life. And if Winthrop shows concern for just how much I have lost, I say "to heck with what they think". I am very happy with my life as it now stands. :angel:

Thanks CWS, it's been a tough couple of months at this homestead. Just not in the Holiday Spirit. On the 27th Shrek and I will be married 30 years, that I feel happy about.

PF, there were time I wondered if either of my marriages would last 27 minutes longer. And yet there were times I was very grateful for just 27 minutes more.

I often think of my youngest daughter at this time of year. I can't help wishing she could be here to see how great her kids turned out. But I know in my heart that she is looking down on them, and making sure they stay safe. And then I start thing on my oldest daughter and her battle of cancer. I still have her. And for that I am grateful for every extra minute I do. Whether it be Christmas or the 15th of August, it doesn't matter. Only that you still have the one you love at that moment. I try to tell my kids at least once a day that I love them. Then Spike comes back with, "they have a cure for that". Smartass kid! :angel:

Short fat and dumpy here, no waist even if the weight came off.

Whatever it was trying to catch me, finally caught up. I've spent most of the day in bed. Making French Onion Soup as a cure-all.

So sorry, PF. Drat. Hope you feel better soon, Sweetie!

Oh good lord, the guy playing musica off our balcony is doing a fantastica rendition of Carlos Santana.

Dang, I looked up arm exercises on You Tube. The majority of them require hand bells. Something I do not own. So I found one without them and lo and behold. Who knew the ones we had to do in gym, are also good for bat wings. I was doing some of them along with this very young girl. My arms hurt. So they must work. And one of the ones for double chin (something I am lacking) is one a physical therapist taught me years ago to prevent a muscle spasm in my neck. Maybe that is why I don't have one. I am in better shape than I thought. :angel:

Short fat and dumpy here, no waist even if the weight came off.

Whatever it was trying to catch me, finally caught up. I've spent most of the day in bed. Making French Onion Soup as a cure-all.
I'm tall (5' 7" until I started to shrink...) and I've never had much of a waist. My hip bones and my bottom ribs like each other too much.

PF, hope you get over whatever you have quick! Even if you aren't in the Christmas spirit, you don't want to be feeling poorly for your anniversary. :wub:

Oh good lord, the guy playing musica off our balcony is doing a fantastica rendition of Carlos Santana.

Santana, moonlight and the ocean...life does not get better.:)

Hand bells are just one type of weight. You want to know what else will work? Two equal-weighted cans. ;)

My hands are so small, I can't even get them around an Campbell's soup can. And those don't have much weight to them. To give you an idea, I wear kids mittens and gloves. When I say I am small, I am really small. If I can lose just ten more pounds, I can start shopping in the kids department for clothes. And just hope what I like is not too big for me. Ten more pounds and I can fit into a child's size 14. :angel:

Ditto here. Put on some happy music. And enjoy your onion soup. Remember all the people here and elsewhere who love you. :angel:

I just taught a Mexican guy who opened up a new restaurant, how to make a margarita. I'm going to fall over pretty soon. He had us taste a few samples to make sure it was right.

2 parts tequila, one part orange liqueur (controy, cointreau, triple sec, whatever. ). Any orange liquor. And fresh squeezed lime, lemon, orange, citrus juice. None of that nasty sweetened crap.

He was really appreciative, especially after we told him his first drinks were swill. And way too sweet. And he let me have at it with recipes with his bartender!

Last edited:
Dang, I looked up arm exercises on You Tube. The majority of them require hand bells. Something I do not own. So I found one without them and lo and behold. Who knew the ones we had to do in gym, are also good for bat wings. I was doing some of them along with this very young girl. My arms hurt. So they must work. And one of the ones for double chin (something I am lacking) is one a physical therapist taught me years ago to prevent a muscle spasm in my neck. Maybe that is why I don't have one. I am in better shape than I thought. :angel:
When I had to go to physio following a car accident, I was told to use canned goods as my "hand bells." When I first started, I could only lift a 6 oz. can of tomato paste. Canned soup, beans, bags of sugar, etc., all work as weights that one can use at home.

I really hope the Ogress feels better soon.

Happy anniversary, Ogress.

Cat sent a text wishing all of you whom she loves so much this: "I wish for them to have the merriest of Christmas and all of life's beauty and pleasures through the New Year of 2015. With love, Cat."

Word for word; she has never stopped thinking about any of us here, bless her.

Dangitall I miss that brilliant, charming, funny little pipsqueak!

I found a surprise in my front door this morning. Someone (and I don't know who yet) had put a cute Christmas sweatshirt with kittens with Santa hats on my front door! They just tucked it through the handle with no note, no nothing.

I called several usual suspects, but no one has fessed up. I'll admit I'm notorious for leaving little things on peoples' porches with no note, but this is the first time anyone has ever done this to me.

Wow...just wow. Ain't life just great sometimes?

When I as rehabbing from rotator cuff surgery, a bottle of soy sauce had a total weight of 2 pounds. Two bottles worked well until I graduated to a higher weight.

Back
Top Bottom