Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup.

c9beb5d2aa039da57945e8ac936b1ffa.jpg

:LOL::LOL: I'm rollin here CG:ROFLMAO: I thought it was a red picture frame with a pot leaf. SousChef tells me I'm wrong.

ROFL! Now that you mention it, Kayelle...

I thought it was a picture frame with a sprig of holly, but I like your observation better!

Oh, NOW I get it! CG's new avatar has something to do with football! In Ohio!

Thanks, Aunt Bea!

Yup, THE Ohio State Buckeyes are in the first ever College Football Championship Game. We're so excited, but now we might have to miss it. Himself's last remaining aunt passed away and we might be on the road to Pittsburgh on Monday. We'll have to find a hotel with a bar so we can watch the second half after the wake. LOL!

Yup, THE Ohio State Buckeyes are in the first ever College Football Championship Game. We're so excited, but now we might have to miss it. Himself's last remaining aunt passed away and we might be on the road to Pittsburgh on Monday. We'll have to find a hotel with a bar so we can watch the second half after the wake. LOL!

Oh no! Can you watch it on your phone or tablet? ESPN has a free app.

Of course, that might be frowned upon at the funeral. Might work in the car on the way there.

Last edited:
DH just got his new med card from work, and inadvertently signed me up online as a preschooler/dependent child. My feeling is it should be the opposite.

He's correcting it.

Oh no! Can you watch it on your phone or tablet? ESPN has a free app...
Himself isn't sure how, but we're watching the game online, playing on our big screen. Audio and all. Free. Since we aren't leaving for Pittsburgh until Tuesday (the funeral is Wednesday) we're enjoying the game in the comfort of our own home. :)

Himself isn't sure how, but we're watching the game online, playing on our big screen. Audio and all. Free. Since we aren't leaving for Pittsburgh until Tuesday (the funeral is Wednesday) we're enjoying the game in the comfort of our own home. :)

Hey, Goddess! Time to crow! That is, if you can crow while turning cartwheels. :)

Oh, NOW I get it! CG's new avatar has something to do with football! In Ohio!

It has more to do than with football..

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w/Ohio's_State_Tree_-_Buckeye?rec=1880

Ohio's State Tree - Buckeye

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
In 1953, the Ohio legislature designated the Ohio Buckeye, Aesculus glabra, as Ohio's official state tree. The tree is called the buckeye because its nuts resemble the shape and color of a deer's eye. The buckeye is relatively common in Ohio, growing especially well along rivers and streams and in floodplains.
People commonly confuse the Ohio Buckeye tree with the Horse Chestnut, Aesculus hippocastanum. In addition, the Yellow Buckeye, Aesculus octandra, also grows in Ohio. It is closely related to the Ohio Buckeye, and it is difficult to differentiate between the two species.
The buckeye tree has also provided Ohioans with their principal nickname—the Buckeyes.

The Ohio State University has adopted Brutus Buckeye as its mascot.

Ohioans have referred to themselves as Buckeyes since at least the presidential election of 1840, when Ohio resident William Henry Harrison won the presidency. Harrison's supporters carved campaign souvenirs out of buckeye wood to illustrate their support for their fellow Ohioan.

I was born and raised in Ohio and always referred to the buckeye as a worthless nut.

Last edited:
Oh drat, CG. Hope you feel better and more mobile soon!

Hoping Saturday Night Live isn't a repeat tonight. There's been so much good stuff to parody lately.

Back
Top Bottom