Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love DST. I've been out of sync since we went back to standard time last fall.
We don't go on to British summertime (our equivalent of DST) until the end of March but the days are getting longer. Yesterday was bright and sunny so it was light until nearly 6.30pm and that was in the north of England - roughly in a similar latitude to Labrador. Of course, being an island our climate is more temperate than Canada (usually!). We've had a short spell of warm -ish days over the last week - one day last week the temp was up in the high teens centigrade which was a bit weird for early March especialy so soon after the heavy snow fall a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think I'll be breaking out the summer dresses yet awhile though:)

Last edited:
Our weather here in New Orleans has been schizo. We switch from very cold and windy to 70°s and balmy.

Usually, once the 70°s get here and stay awhile, it's a warning that summer may be extremely hot.

The jury's out on that so far this year..

46 and sunny!

So far the snow has melted nice and slow, no flooding!

Good maple syrup weather, warm during the day and below freezing at night!

Have any of you watched the PBS series Cancer, Emperor of All Maladies? I have been watching this with such intensity, that I get a headache at the end of each part. I have been watching Part 3 and they made a statement about having conquered childhood leukemia, breast cancer and a few others with early detection, but now also know that obesity is also a group of people who are facing a greater possibility of developing cancer. I am so glad I lost all that extra weight I have been carrying around for years. Now to get down to the weight I should be as long as I don't go below 95 pounds. Unfortunately the charts for height don't go down to my height. I have to use children's charts.

STOP THAT LAUGHING. I CAN HEAR YOU! :angel:

I'm still getting a kick out of video of that mom in Baltimore slapping the heck out of her son after she found out he threw a rock at the cops.

I'm still getting a kick out of video of that mom in Baltimore slapping the heck out of her son after she found out he threw a rock at the cops.

I got just as much of a kick out of the son's reaction, he might have smacked his dad but he didn't dare smack his mom, lol! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think that family will do just fine!

That Mom is my hero.

My Mom is my hero, too...she may be able to get us into the farmhouse she grew up in. Trying to find a place to live is getting hairy. Folks don't want a rental to stay empty for another month waiting for their tenants to show up.

That Mom is my hero.

My Mom is my hero, too...she may be able to get us into the farmhouse she grew up in. Trying to find a place to live is getting hairy. Folks don't want a rental to stay empty for another month waiting for their tenants to show up.

Best wishes to you, princess. I know how crazy it can be trying to find a home on the spur of the moment. Been there before, done that. :wub: Hugs...

That Mom is my hero.

If you find a place you really, really like offer them a higher rent to compensate them for the extra month and reduce the immediate burden on you of shelling out a full month. For example if the rent is $600/month offer to pay $650/month for the first year.

Good luck!

If you find a place you really, really like offer them a higher rent to compensate them for the extra month and reduce the immediate burden on you of shelling out a full month. For example if the rent is $600/month offer to pay $650/month for the first year.

Good luck!

Thank you for that idea, Aunt Bea! I'll let Mom know she can make that offer.

Made DH a sandwich for lunch: ham, chicken, lettuce, cheese, mayo and mustard. DH heard on a radio talk show this morning that sandwiches are always better when they're made by someone else. When I tell him,"Just make yourself a sandwich,", he always tells me mine are so much better.

It's warm enough outside that one of the dandelion flowers fainted. It was just drooping and "looking" straight down. Now that it's in shade, it has perked right up and looks normal.

Would have been better if that dandelion had died. BwaHaHa! I told Himself he doesn't need to buy me flowers for Mother's Day, he can just pick those yellow flowers out of our lawn.

...DH heard on a radio talk show this morning that sandwiches are always better when they're made by someone else. When I tell him,"Just make yourself a sandwich,", he always tells me mine are so much better.
That's because they probably are! I know the sandwiches I would make for Himself's lunch were better. Many men think a sandwich is a slice of meat between two pieces of bread, period. Oh YUCK!

Would have been better if that dandelion had died. BwaHaHa! I told Himself he doesn't need to buy me flowers for Mother's Day, he can just pick those yellow flowers out of our lawn.

That's because they probably are! I know the sandwiches I would make for Himself's lunch were better. Many men think a sandwich is a slice of meat between two pieces of bread, period. Oh YUCK!

We can't diss the dandelion. They're the honeybees' and hummingbird's first food in the spring, as well as the harbingers of morels, which I've had yet to find.

DH is obsessed with plucking dandelion flowers on our yard when we're walking Beagle. My feeling is that they'll disappear soon.

I like dandelions. I'm not the only one. They were intentionally imported from Europe for colonists who missed them.

Back
Top Bottom