Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found 1/3 of a garter snake on my front step, it was missing the head and the tail. Apparently one of the neighbors' cats brought me a hostess gift.

I'm not a squeamish person, but I popped the garage door, and used that to go in and out instead of the front door. Usually I'm the one who takes care of dead birds, rodents, and insects or arachnids, inside or outside, but this was just gross.

When I told DH that it was his turn to dispose of the dismembered portion of snake, he didn't believe me. Lo and behold, when we went out the front door for our walk, the snake chunk was gone! Thinking one of our many omnivorous groundsquirrels might have gotten a nice meal.

Next time you hit the thrift shops pick up an extra one to hang in the garage. If you are prepared it will never happen again! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

UT-XHT.jpg

Next time you hit the thrift shops pick up an extra one to hang in the garage. If you are prepared it will never happen again! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

UT-XHT.jpg

Duh! I have a spare pair DH uses to clean the gutters. Great idea. I wasn't looking forward to disposing of the remains with a glove or paper towel. Yuck.

A friend who lives in the tropics, in the jungle, always has a pair of tongs at the ready as her house frequently hosts large tarantulas, scorpions, baby boas, and other creepy crawlies.

Last edited:
Duh! I have a spare pair DH uses to clean the gutters. Great idea. I wasn't looking forward to disposing of the remains with a glove or paper towel. Yuck.

A friend who lives in the tropics, in the jungle, always has a pair of tongs at the ready as her house frequently hosts large tarantulas, scorpions, baby boas, and other creepy crawlies.

Note to self! Never move to the tropics. I thought living in Texas with all the snakes and roaches that you could ride was bad enough. Go out at night and walk on the grass to the car. Crunch, crunch, crunch. A carpet of roaches to walk on. :angel:

There is no way to fold a fitted sheet. I've seen Martha Stewart do it on TV, but her method has never worked for me.

I find the "bunch it into a ball and stuff it into the linen closet" is the best method.

Dawg, I saw a cool tip somewhere: store sheets, and the second pillowcase if there is one, inside the matching pillowcase. This way, it's easy to pull the set out and there's no need to make the fitted sheet look neat :LOL: ;)

This is a very good idea, GG!

Stuffing the fitted sheet into the pillow case right now! Thanks!

Last edited:
That's a good idea. :) I use the guest room bed as a table and spread out the flat sheet, put the fitted on top of that, then the pillowcases, and fold everything all up together in one big square. :LOL: I'll try the pillowcase method next time.

I am one of those obsessive people who can't let a simple sheet defeat me. I practiced and practiced until I got it down right. Now I can't do any less. Even when I just roll it up into a ball, I HAVE to take it out of the drawer five minutes later and fold it right. :bash::bash: Nothing like self punishment! I just love a good headache! :angel:

I can fold a fitted sheet. I figured it out a very long time ago. But, nowadays there is so much elastic on the fitted sheets that it is much harder. I think I will be switching to the pillow case method.

Like those elastic-on-all-four-sides ones, taxy? I. Will. Not. Let. A. Sheet. Defeat. Me. I, too, use the bed as a table, our king-size bed. It doesn't take much effort to figure where to fold and how to tuck. However, it's not as much fun as when the top and bottom edges were the elastic ones and Himself helped me fold. We'd each take a corner in each hand, then start to fold it like a flag. Once we made it narrow enough we'd then walk toward each other, kiss, and he would grab the two sheet corners I had been holding, and I would walk backwards with the folded end. Another two forward-kiss-backs, and the sheet was folded. :wub: If we try doing that with the new sheets, we end up arguing instead. :LOL:

Dawg, I saw a cool tip somewhere: store sheets, and the second pillowcase if there is one, inside the matching pillowcase. This way, it's easy to pull the set out and there's no need to make the fitted sheet look neat :LOL: ;)

That's exactly how I do it...:)

I have to give all equal time...too many color choices.:ROFLMAO:

I have always had two sets for each bed. But they don't have to match. Who goes into my bedrooms? I grab whatever is on top in the drawer. The first bottom, top and pillowcase that I can get my hands on, goes on the bed. And I have never folded them into sets.

When the kids were small, I had an absolute routine on Sunday morning. The kids had the choice of helping with housework after breakfast or go to Sunday School. A good way to get them out of the house. After they were dressed and gone to church, I gave the kitchen a quick clean and started Sunday dinner. While it was on low, I would strip every bed in the house. While the bedding was washing, I was folding the laundry I had dried the night before. When I put that away, I would pull out the clean bedding for each bed and drop it on their bed along with their laundry that had to be put away when they got home. They also had to make their own beds. Pirate was way too small so I had one of the older kids help him with the bed. No order of who got what. One would have the blue bottom sheet, yellow top sheet, pink pillow case. Spike always flatly refused to have any pink bedding in his room. So they would trade off and surprisingly, they all ended up with matching sets. Poor Pirate, he always got the pink.

When I folded the laundry that they had on their bed last night, I put it away in no particular order. :angel:

I was thinking today how much my life has changed, not sure if it is for the better!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I need to pack up a set of dishes so I went to the Home Depot and bought four cardboard boxes, a package of newsprint to wrap the dishes and a roll of tape. When I was younger, and more agile, I would have gone behind the local liquor store to pull some sturdy boxes from the dumpster and wrapped the dishes in yesterday's newspaper. These days the liquor store has a secure box baler and the local newspaper is online! In a few more years we probably won't even need the dishes! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

So true, Aunt Bea...I have a garage full of boxes I had to purchase. Stores wouldn't even save them for me when I asked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom