Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, if you paid attention to my posts :-p you would not be able to forget that I have been cheering for the Cleveland Indians since I was 8 years old. Come Monday, we'll be listening to the game while enjoying Great Lakes Brewing Company beer and slathering our hot dogs with Bertman's Original Ballpark Mustard.

Go ahead and cheer for your Red Sox, Addie. With Dave Dombrowski running the team, you guys have a great guy heading up the organization. Still, I have to say: Go Tribe!

I do remember that you are an avid baseball fan and of course your favorite team is located in Cleveland. I just couldn't remember the name of it. I had to ask Spike for the details. I am just grateful the game won't be on when the skating is on. Baseball would lose then. :angel:

As the Indians are playing the local team, you'll be able to watch the game on local TV. Tune in to NESN @ 4:00PM.

Thanks Andy. I didn't know what channel would be airing the game. Now I won't have to ask Spike or Pirate.

As the Indians are playing the local team, you'll be able to watch the game on local TV. Tune in to NESN @ 4:00PM.

Thanks, Andy, but we do have to listen. No cable or satellite TV at our house. I prefer listening anyway; baseball moves too slow to interest me on TV. Besides, the Indians have a terrific play-by-play announcer. I can listen to him give information about the players instead of watching them scratch. :D

What is it with (some) men? DH has been feeling a bit under the weather, still ambulatory though, and I couldn't find the thermometer we haven't used for many years. So he bought a new, stick-in-the-ear instant read one. He's been obsessed with his new toy, and has to report his temp regularily. Fascinating. Zzzzzzzz.

What is it with (some) men? DH has been feeling a bit under the weather, still ambulatory though, and I couldn't find the thermometer we haven't used for many years. So he bought a new, stick-in-the-ear instant read one. He's been obsessed with his new toy, and has to report his temp regularily. Fascinating. Zzzzzzzz.

Run beagle run!!!

:ROFLMAO: Dawg, Bea!!

CG, I'm not a baseball fan (are you sure you still like me?) but my Dad sure was. Even long after he could watch the games on TV, he preferred listening to them on the radio, sometimes two games on two different radio's! Since he was hard of hearing, they were really loud too! Mom and I would go for a ride to calm our nerves. I have to smile now with the memory of my Dad lost in the broadcasts. ;)

Last edited:
I haven't driven a car in over two years. We are a one car family now and DH drives everywhere we go. The last time I drove, DH was sick in bed and I had no choice but to drive. I'm concerned that I might get into that situation again. So I had DH take me up to the local park where the speed limit is 15 MPH with very little traffic and let me drive around a bit. We just got a new car and it's bigger than I'm accustomed to. I'm going to do that every few days until I feel ready to go out on the road, then I will drive home, about two miles. After that I will make sure I drive at least once a week, even if it's just up to the store and back.

Good one AB. Can't stop giggling. Has he taken your temp yet Dawg? :angel:

He tried. I told him I'd do it myself, thankyouverymuch. Beagle said absolutely not, she'd do it herself too.

I haven't driven a car in over two years. We are a one car family now and DH drives everywhere we go. The last time I drove, DH was sick in bed and I had no choice but to drive. I'm concerned that I might get into that situation again. So I had DH take me up to the local park where the speed limit is 15 MPH with very little traffic and let me drive around a bit. We just got a new car and it's bigger than I'm accustomed to. I'm going to do that every few days until I feel ready to go out on the road, then I will drive home, about two miles. After that I will make sure I drive at least once a week, even if it's just up to the store and back.

Good for you, Carol. I taught a couple teens how to drive in the high school parking lot on Sundays (using my car), and then took them out on some of our longer country roads, and it worked really well. It will come back to you.

Last edited:

Good for you!

It's important to keep your skills up.

When I bought my last new vehicle in 2012 I had a difficult time adjusting to it. I experienced some odd panic attacks and a sense of vertigo in some situations, now we have reached an understanding!

I hope DH doesn't mind the two mile walk home! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

LOL Dawg, Carol and AB! :ROFLMAO:

Carol, good to hear you're re-honing your driving skills. You'll be comfortable with it before you know it. :)

Carol may I ask why you stopped driving two years ago and had you been driving all your life? Yes, if there's no good reason for you not to drive and still have a license, you indeed should get back in the swing of it. I've been driving since the day I turned 16yrs old, a very loooong time! I remember the day well, and the fantastic feeling that I could get where I wanted to go when I wanted to go, and not depend on anyone. I'm still a very good driver and I pray I never have to stop.

That is a skill you don't want to lose. :angel:

Don't let him get an Oxygen and Pulse monitor...

Kayelle, at my last job, parking was terrible. It was crowded, people were getting their cars damaged and since DH was retired he started driving me back and forth the 2 mile distance. Now that I'm retired, he drives everywhere we go. It just worked out that way. We went down to one car as we didn't really need two, and it helped with our insurance. There is no medical reason for me not driving. I'm just a little nervous about it. When DH got sick that one time I had no choice. I had to drive back and forth to the hospital, on the highway, and I was in a panic. I decided to go back to driving again just to keep up my skills, and with this new car, I feel better having some practice.

Back
Top Bottom