Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was trying to catch a stray thought one day, but it ran out in the street and got run over by a cement truck. I decided right then to let any others I stumbled across to run free. ;)

That reminds me of this story.

Once upon a time, there was a head. This head had no body so he had to sit in the house all day watching the other children play. Then one day, the head woke up and he had a body! He was so delighted, the first thing he did was run out to play with the other children. He tore across the street and was hit by a truck and killed.

Moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

How can you tell if Bleu Cheese has spoiled? :huh: Does it lose the "blue" and turn all white?

I know, I'll give it to Himself to test. After all, he's the only one who eats it here. :LOL:

How can you tell if Bleu Cheese has spoiled? :huh: Does it lose the "blue" and turn all white?

I know, I'll give it to Himself to test. After all, he's the only one who eats it here. :LOL:
It can grow other colours of mould. The white part can turn yellowish. It can get slimey. It can get dry, but that's still good.

Michael Phelps has more medals than 188 other participating countries. Only 16 countries has more than him. Go Michael! :angel:

I was wondering that same thing, CG. :huh: Some have been members here for close to a year. Jump on in, folks! :)

It is strange. Maybe they do it so they can avoid spam. You'd think Gmail would work too.

We have a poltergeist. The fridge/freezer light hasn't worked for over two weeks. Yesterday it worked three times, so it's not that the bulbs burned out. And then our DirectTv satellite dish kept resetting our TVs. The events didn't go on at the same time. Today, no fridge lights, but DTV has worked just fine.

Last edited:
Check to see if the bulb is loose. Sometimes just the open/close action will make it just loose enough that sometimes you'll have contact, sometimes not. And we've heard your stories about the reliability of your satellite dish. Maybe a ghost, maybe not.

I think we have one, too. We have a battery-operated candle in the family room. You screw it in tight to the base so the battery is "on", you unscrew it to turn it off. When we came back from OH last month, the light was on and flickering (it DOES have a flicker bulb). I unscrewed it plenty. Last night I went into the family room to get a coaster from the end table drawer...and the danged thing was lit again! Either a ghost or some really strong, screwy gravity.

It is strange. Maybe they do it so they can avoid spam. You'd think Gmail would work too.

We have a poltergeist. The fridge/freezer light hasn't worked for over two weeks. Yesterday it worked three times, so it's not that the bulbs burned out. And then our DirectTv satellite dish kept resetting our TVs. The events didn't go on at the same time. Today, no fridge lights, but DTV has worked just fine.

I know the feeling Dawg. I have named mine. Her name is Margaret. My oven light burned out. I put it on my list every month, and kept forgetting to buy it. I even asked Spike to pick up an appliance bulb for the oven. They are often sold separately from ones for other appliances. They have to be able to withstand the heat of the oven. Every so often I would throw the switch, no light. I can only guess that Margaret knew I wasn't too happy with her hanging around my kitchen. I tried the oven switch, and lo and behold, it worked! Good ole Margaret knew she was in trouble and decided to stop playing games with me. She is not a bad ghost. She doesn't toss things around and break them. But she does make my life interesting. Specially in the kitchen. :angel:

Check to see if the bulb is loose. Sometimes just the open/close action will make it just loose enough that sometimes you'll have contact, sometimes not. And we've heard your stories about the reliability of your satellite dish. Maybe a ghost, maybe not.

I think we have one, too. We have a battery-operated candle in the family room. You screw it in tight to the base so the battery is "on", you unscrew it to turn it off. When we came back from OH last month, the light was on and flickering (it DOES have a flicker bulb). I unscrewed it plenty. Last night I went into the family room to get a coaster from the end table drawer...and the danged thing was lit again! Either a ghost or some really strong, screwy gravity.

;) Sing along please.
Do do do do, do do do do. :angel:

Crickets. They sure are loud for such little critters. :mellow:

(Just came inside from sitting out on the patio. :))

Heh. On another cooking forum, a poster requested favorite bar recipes that could be frozen. Logically to my mind, I suggested lime and strawberry daquiris, margaritas, and bourbon slushes. Then I realized that it's a North Dakota recipe forum, and bars mean baked goods! Oops.

Last edited:
Heh. On another cooking forum, a poster requested favorite bar recipes that could be frozen. Logically to my mind, I suggested lime and strawberry daquiris, margaritas, and bourbon slushes. Then I realized that it's a North Dakota recipe forum, and bars mean baked goods! Oops.

Your mind is stuck in Mexico :ROFLMAO:

Your mind is stuck in Mexico :ROFLMAO:

Indeed. I was mocked a bit, but the OP did admit she wasn't clear, and plans to try some of my frozen (booze) bar recipes!

Only in NoDak. We are Canadian nice.

Last edited:
Every few months or so I buy some Wise brand 'tater chips. They are salted just right, and every so often you even find a burnt one. (my favorite ones) This month I bought MB (house brand) ripple ones. Other than for dips, I now remember why I don't care for ripples. Hopefully I will remember this months lesson until a dip comes along to go with them. :angel:

Have you ever noticed how corn on the cob husks smell like cut grass?
OR
That cut grass smells like corn on the cob husks?

Back
Top Bottom