Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
playing hide and seek amongst corn rows has to be the best fun ever! Remember doing it as a teen millions of years ago.......rare to find veggies taller than you.......and just the way corn grows.......you have to snap them off..........

I did some chores that I had been putting off. First I called the Main Office to put in a Work Order. When the flood occurred in early August, they came in and removed the rubber band on the bottom that is supposed to give the appearance of a baseboard and drilled huge holes along the bottom so the water could drain out.

I am still waiting for the floor man to come and fix this problem and install my new kitchen floor and baseboard.

I then went into the bathroom with my trusty little stool, a bottle of Windex and cleaned the mirror. From top to bottom. I usually clean it as high as I can reach. Being 4'6" can make it difficult at times to do all the things I need to do. While I was there I cleaned the tub and the rest of the room.

Then I went into my holey kitchen and cleaned it. Every surface got scrubbed down instead of just a wipe off with a sponge. I have white cabinet doors and the steam from cooking leaves a film there. So I cleaned what I could reach.

I also stripped my bed and put on clean sheets. It was nap time for me. But it feels good to get work done that was needed so badly. :angel:

The smell of newly cut grass, is the smell of plant in distress and it trying to chemically warn the rest of the plant.

When lemmings become too plentiful, the grass they eat starts to produce a LSD like substance. There is no suicidal lemmings, just stoned rodents who thinks they are bad ass.

My father has over 300, my mum has told him No. So every time she buys art supplies, he goes and get a second hand cookbook and says if you can so can I.

yes, shrek is insane.......how many cookbooks are too many........??? Does any sane person have to ask that question??? `let me talk to him........:ROFLMAO:

I asked him the same thing about guitars...he keeps looking and buying.

My father has over 300, my mum has told him No. So every time she buys art supplies, he goes and get a second hand cookbook and says if you can so can I.

I do that too...

my st
I asked him the same thing about guitars...he keeps looking and buying.

I do that too...
my stepmother was from the hills of `kentucky said the same thing about guitars....she loved them......no, she didn't sing like `loretta lynne.......but she thought she did so that's what matters.....

give me a cookbook any day.........remember the old, old, one my grandmother had........so old you had to handle it with gloves as it was falling apart.......found the best recipe for banana cake........called for old-timey buttermilk.........

still have it and it's still darned delicious!!:LOL:

My dad is right now into old german cookbooks, he gave me a recipe for lark tongue pate, it is one ox tongue and one lark tongue in the recipe...

wow.......cakepoet.....lark tongue`??? That sounds like an ye olde English cookbook.......do you have the time to write the recipe`. there are no larks in `houston as far as `i know........anything with seagulls that don't taste like fish..........

Well it a tiny thing, larks tongues.
Did you know that ye, is actually misspelled- ish, well there was a letter that looked similar y but pronounced th and when it fell out of use and people transcribe the old journals the started writing ye and pronouncing it ye but it used to be pronounced the.

Well it a tiny thing, larks tongues.
Did you know that ye, is actually misspelled- ish, well there was a letter that looked similar y but pronounced th and when it fell out of use and people transcribe the old journals the started writing ye and pronouncing it ye but it used to be pronounced the.

you know, `i love the history of words so that's a great lesson.......

I watched a program about The English language and how writing has changed. Youtube has good channel called Nativlang, really intressting.

What is it about a routine visit to the doctor? My doc is a nice guy, was a year behind DH at school, we're friends, I've been taking my blood pressure all week, and it's been optimal. Zing. When taken at the clinic, 170/100. I should be dead. After a whole week at home of <120/80.

White coat syndrome, thou art not my friend.

That would happen to me when the nurse would take my BP. When I finally complained to our (previous) doctor, he went ahead and took it himself. Voila! The nurse had not been supporting my lower arm, so she ended up with an inaccurate reading. After that, Doc always did two separate readings himself, one on each arm, about five minutes apart. He said that repeating the test would make my body relax and give him a better feel of how my BP was doing. I couldn't believe the difference.

Dawg, do you have a blood pressure monitor at home? Himself had to get one per doctor's orders so he could track it daily for a while. I always borrowed my SIL's when I needed to do that, but now I could use his. I was amazed and troubled at what getting angry with Himself did to my pressure the one time I thought I was going to blow my top - apparently literally! I remember the top reading was 255...that was all I needed to know! :ohmy: Now when I get mad, I do deep breathing exercises and have a small piece of chocolate. Anger...gone!

Back
Top Bottom