Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it had to happen to Mass. sooner or later. A thirty car pileup due to icy roads. All winter I have been looking at the ones in other parts of the country. And now it seems to be our turn.

Oh crap. A bit of CG in the cheese is probably not a good idea. Glad there wasn't any red.

It wasn't too bad, guys. A little roughed up, a bit of blood caught right away, and a handy-dandy band-aid mere steps away in the half-bath. I have a supply of boo-boo fixers at the ready. I used to do a lot worse to my knee when I was a kid riding my bike. :LOL:

Ouch, CD! Those mandolins can be dangerous. I have one that I never use. It scares me so much that I use it so slowly I can slice onions and potatoes just as thin by working with a knife.

Ouch, CD! Those mandolins can be dangerous. I have one that I never use. It scares me so much that I use it so slowly I can slice onions and potatoes just as thin by working with a knife.

I bought one back in the 80s. Sliced off a finger tip. Not too bad, but it hurt. Sold the mandoline in a garage sale.

Bought another one last year. Sliced off a fingertip. This time, it wouldn't stop bleeding. It had to be cauterized. Extreme pain, and a $450 medical bill. Threw the brand new mandolin in the trash.

That's why I asked about the throbbing. I felt every single beat of my heart in my finger for at least a day.

CD

That why you use a finger guard when using a mandolin.

On the topic of mandolin, lets talk about the instrument.

I have a friend who sliced the tip, just the a tiny bit, off her nose while playing the mandolin, the string broke and went swoosh over her face, her nose looks a bit flat now.

It wasn't too bad, guys. A little roughed up, a bit of blood caught right away, and a handy-dandy band-aid mere steps away in the half-bath. I have a supply of boo-boo fixers at the ready. I used to do a lot worse to my knee when I was a kid riding my bike. :LOL:

Glad it's not too bad. Time to buy one of those cut resistant gloves. Makes it lots less scary.

Well it didn't quite reach the bone and I have a funny angle on my little finger but I love my mandolin. Use it a lot.

I just had to have one of those fancy, dancy mandolins. I convinced my daughter to buy me one for Christmas. I took it out of the box, looked at all the blades and put everything right back in. Five years later, there it sits very lonely, and wanting some attention. No thanks. I will continue to use my one blade small slicing gadget. I like my fingers too much. And I know how clumsy I can get.

Just found a recipe from 1989 from American news paper asking for none melting chocolate chips.. wft?

How I know it is American and not English, it was wrapped around present from my grandaunt Violet in Minneapolis, I thought I had lost it, it was stuck inside my writing desk all these years.

They keep interrupting my story on TV to tell us about a school bus accident. Thirteen children were hurt.

OK folks we have the news. Accident happened a long way from my home. And if you are going to bring us that kind of news, get all your fact first. Small kids? HS kids? How did the accident happen? How many kids are in the hospital?

Makes no sense to post an "I have no opinion of this but..." comment in a thread. Why comment when you aren't interested in the subject? :rolleyes: I swear some people just try to drive their post counts up...

Makes no sense to post an "I have no opinion of this but..." comment in a thread. Why comment when you aren't interested in the subject? :rolleyes: I swear some people just try to drive their post counts up...
CG,
I do not understand this thing about post counts-there are no rewards for post count that I know. I used to be active on a cruise board, where there were a few people that had huge post counts. But they would post something agreeing with 5 other posters on every subject.

LOL.. I hear you both on the 'post counts' another forum I was on had someone who would post "Wow!" or "Oh My" to ANY comment, however trivial, to someone else's post. There was no doubt that she was very knowledgeable in the subjects but so were a lot of other people and she would just blithely go ahead and repeat the same advice over, without ever acknowledging a previous persons same, and correct, advice.

I might look at my count every six months. I am unaware that there was some kind of contest in getting up your numbers. The only time I look at numbers is when it is a new member. If I see more than three or four, then I know that member posted in another thread. And I will go looking for it.

Last edited:
LOL.. I hear you both on the 'post counts' another forum I was on had someone who would post "Wow!" or "Oh My" to ANY comment, however trivial, to someone else's post. There was no doubt that she was very knowledgeable in the subjects but so were a lot of other people and she would just blithely go ahead and repeat the same advice over, without ever acknowledging a previous persons same, and correct, advice.

Oh my.

CD :angel:

I still don't get this "post count" thing. What does it get you? A trophy? That's just something else that needs dusting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom