Stray Thoughts 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a cup of tea

So I go into the kitchen to make a cup of tea in the micro. I press two minutes. While I am waiting, I wipe off the counters, the cabinet doors. stove, fridge, and all I hear is beepbeep. Yeah, I hear ya. Sweep the floor, do the couple of dishes beepbeep. Yeah, I will be there in a minute. Wrap up the trash, BEEPBEEP! Okay I am coming.

No, it did take longer than the two minutes. And all that while sitting in my wheelchair. I can't help wondering what I could accomplish if I still had my two legs.

Yesterday I went to Lewis Mall for blood work. While there I went into rehab. They have some tough task master in that department. This time she wanted me to put on the leg myself. There are straps that go on the outside. But you have to get the first strap through the hole at the bottom. That strap holds on all the other straps. It took me ten minutes to get that dang strap through. She saw me struggling, and just watch me. Aha! I finally get it through. It is twisted. Take it out and start all over again.

Finally got the leg on all by myself without any help from Karen. I then practice playing with the lock. Good grief! Bend the leg. Stand up, lock the leg. So with a walker to hang onto for security, I start walking around the room without any help. Yea!! I am going to make it. Yesterday I had the leg on for only twenty minutes. Tomorrow we go up to thirty minutes and most of that will be learning to walk up straight. Right leg first, then follow with the other one. All that after I put it on myself.

This is hard work. But I know in the end it will be all worth it. I am doing my very best to stay positive. Right now I am toying with the idea of going more than just twice a week. Will have to talk to Karen about that. She does have other patients to look after that are worse off than me.

Thanks for listening.

Addie, you're doin' GREAT!
But why don't you start a totally separate
thread to keep us updated on your progress?
I know i'd like to keep on it, and I for one think
that a dedicated topic would be helpful... just my opinion :)

Great Idea. I was supposed to go to PT today, but have a miserable cold. Don't want to pass it on to anyone else. So I stayed home until next Tuesday. Will start on a report with that progress. Thanks for the suggestion. Thank you.

That's really good to hear Addie...but I think Kgirl and CG mean that it would be helpful if you'd post your progress in The Sick Room thread, rather than in Stray Thoughts. Even if you're no longer 'sick', it's still a medical progress. That way, we can keep up a little better. :)

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/the-sick-room-98955.html

Last edited:
That's right, Cheryl. You knew what I meant. ;)

Addie, if you post in Stray Thoughts and the nightly dinner thread and everywhere else, it's a little scattered. Some of the posts in dinner threads have been a bit too...detailed, shall we say, for pleasant dinner conversation. The Sick Room works, or create your own thread.

That's right, Cheryl. You knew what I meant. ;)

Addie, if you post in Stray Thoughts and the nightly dinner thread and everywhere else, it's a little scattered. Some of the posts in dinner threads have been a bit too...detailed, shall we say, for pleasant dinner conversation. The Sick Room works, or create your own thread.

I took Cheryl's suggestion. It is called "Learning to take baby steps again".

I took Cheryl's suggestion. It is called "Learning to take baby steps again".

:huh::ermm:

I'll go over there and read it Addie, but can't take credit for any suggestions other than posting in the Sick Room. Again, hope you continue to do well.

Waiting on wife to get home, she's been at a conference all week. I like the flight radar app, I can watch via my phone her plane take off and follow her progress home. It's been real quiet here with her gone.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom