Stress Relief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Stress Relief

Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological tests.

The funny thing is that it works.

1. Picture yourself near a stream in the mountains.

2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.

3. No one knows your secret place.

4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called the world.

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

6. The water is crystal clear.

7. You can easily make out the face of the person you are holding under the water.

See. You're smiling already.

Connie, I have to tell you that when I went to a pain management clinic they taught me the first six steps of this (well they told me to pick a place I have been and felt good and I picked a waterfall hidden behind a salmon run in the Okanagan here.

The first time I read this as an email I was thinking how good it was that someone who had gone through pain clinic program was posting this for the general public.....then I read number 7 and spit my tea across the room and roared with laughter!

Our pastor even put a copy of this in our church e-newsletter once!

I love it! Thanks for the laugh Connie!

:)Barbara

I imagine myself drifting along a river in a pillow-laden boat drifting downstream........you hear the soft splash of the water........lacy limbs of trees of patterning your face though you're never really in the bright sunlight.......a waterfall definitely can be heard and you're stretched out in the boat enjoying the nice warm breeze...........on either side of the river is nothing but green snakes of trees banking either side of the river's edge.........butterflies and birds are your only companions.......well the occasional fish surfacing........but that's it..........goodness is that relaxing for me or what...........esp. image that when going for a doctor's visit or test.........

Thank you. That is great and I can even picture who I'd be holding underwater but I have to ask, if your old boss is truly the devil incarnate, can you actually drown her or do I need a stake or holy water?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom