Study Hall In My Lair!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Carl, Tyler and Lakisha are here. Tyler is Carl's roommate. Lakisha has a test in Biology tomorrow, Carl has a test in Climatology, and Tyler has a test in Economics. I have a test in remedial American History.

I scored a 94 in my remedial English test today. I use the word "of" too much. My Prof stayed with me after class to help me with this problem. She likes me very much and I like her! Am I doing this better?

Tyler is a very nice boy. We are all very serious students. It was the first time Tyler visited us here, and we had a wonderful dinner in my lair with DA. Carl and Tyler helped carry her up and down the steps. Lakisha made wonderful fried chicken and I made the garlic and chives mashed potatoes with chicken gravy, Carl made steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, and Tyler brought a cheesecake for dessert. He does not cook. But he does like to eat!

Everyone loves my lair! I shall inherit this condominium from DA one day. I shall keep the main floor and the upstairs for guests but I shall continue to live down here.

Azia loves my friends! And my cats do also. There are leftovers which Lakisha shall take home. Her uncle is staying with her Mamma while Lakisha is here.

I must get back to work. We took a break to air our heads out so now it is back to the books and the notes.

Carl, Tyler, Lakisha and DA all say "Hello!" to all my friends here on the website. DA is staying down here to just listen and to help sometimes.

It is very cozy, comfortable, and so relaxed here with studying and DA presiding over us.

I must go for now.

With love,
~Cat

I scored a 94 in my remedial English test today. I use the word "of" too much. My Prof stayed with me after class to help me with this problem. She likes me very much and I like her! Am I doing this better?
Your English is much improved, Cat. I think many of us noticed your use (or overuse) of the word "of". I'll admit it was kind of cute, but it will help you get better grades in English to not use it as much.

Another improvement I'll suggest: rather than the word "shall", try using "will" instead. "Shall" isn't incorrect, but it's more of an old fashioned word that's fallen out of use, or at least in the US. The British continue to occasionally use "shall", although I think it's becoming more rare over there as well.

So where you say...

"I shall inherit this condominium from DA one day. I shall keep the main floor and the upstairs for guests but I shall continue to live down here. "

...you could instead say:

"I will (or I'll, for short) inherit this this condominium from DA one day. I'll keep the main floor and the upstairs for guests but will continue to live down here."

Interesting blog post here:
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/shall-versus-will

Last edited:
Your English is much improved, Cat. I think many of us noticed your use (or overuse) of the word "of". I'll admit it was kind of cute, but it will help you get better grades in English to not use it as much.

Another improvement I'll suggest: rather than the word "shall", try using "will" instead. "Shall" isn't incorrect, but it's more of an old fashioned word that's fallen out of use, or at least in the US. The British continue to occasionally use "shall", although I think it's becoming more rare over there as well.

So where you say...

"I shall inherit this condominium from DA one day. I shall keep the main floor and the upstairs for guests but I shall continue to live down here. "

...you could instead say:

"I will (or I'll, for short) inherit this this condominium from DA one day. I'll keep the main floor and the upstairs for guests but will continue to live down here."

Interesting blog post here:
Grammar Girl : "Shall" Versus "Will" :: Quick and Dirty Tips

Oh! Thank you very much! I am having a bad time over contractions. It is hard to remember what letters need to be left out.

I will look at the website. I'll let you know what I learn.

Is that right?

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom