Study: Women less able to suppress hunger than men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Study: Women less able to suppress hunger than men - Yahoo! News

Faced with their favorite foods, women are less able than men to suppress their hunger, a discovery that may help explain the higher obesity rate for females, a new study suggests. Researchers trying to understand the brain's mechanisms for controlling food intake were surprised at the difference between the sexes in brain response.

Gene-Jack Wang of Brookhaven National Laboratory and colleagues were trying to figure out why some people overeat and gain weight while others don't.

Thanks, kleenex. They say that about smoking and drinking too.
It's harder for women than me to stop.
I have no idea why? Passion? Investment? LOL!

Because we take on the stress more than men. We don't have that one little thing called "I don't care" like men. They are able to let things go easier, I don't know why, but, we can't. We keep it in and stress about it. That is why more women than men take happy pills!!:LOL: Seriously though, I would like to have a small portion of that to be able to let things go. My husband is always saying if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Change it or deal with it. No sense worrying about what "might" happen. I'm and depressed eater, no trouble admitting that:LOL: Unfortunately, I'm depressed more than I need to be:neutral: I'm changing that though!!

Thanks Kleenex for the information. Does it mean that I shouldn't feel guilty when I can't suppress my craving for chocolate or cakes? It's just because I'm a woman, I can't help it right? :angel:

Thanks Kleenex for the information. Does it mean that I shouldn't feel guilty when I can't suppress my craving for chocolate or cakes? It's just because I'm a woman, I can't help it right? :angel:
That's how I'm taking it, Nathalie!:LOL: And welcome to DC - we're glad you are here. There's a whole bunch of us females here that can't control our cravings, either.

Because we take on the stress more than men. We don't have that one little thing called "I don't care" like men. They are able to let things go easier, I don't know why, but, we can't. We keep it in and stress about it. That is why more women than men take happy pills!!:LOL: Seriously though, I would like to have a small portion of that to be able to let things go. My husband is always saying if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Change it or deal with it. No sense worrying about what "might" happen. I'm and depressed eater, no trouble admitting that:LOL: Unfortunately, I'm depressed more than I need to be:neutral: I'm changing that though!!

You are so right! I would love to have the "I don't care" attitude for just one day. My hubby can walk in, plop down on the couch, zone out in front of the TV no matter what needs to be cleaned, fixed, fed, put away or dealt with. No fair.

Back
Top Bottom