Stumbled on some great bargains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Today while I was doing my bi-weekly shopping I stopped at my area Salvation Army thrift store. I always stop there because I've gotten many great things. One of the best was a fantastic Jenn-Air dishwasher for $15.

At any rate, I was "grazing" the shelves and happened upon 9 green plastic Christmas tree-shaped dishes. I'm always on the prowl for things like this because I make lots of goodies at Christmastime and give them away. Well, these little treasures had a price tag of 10 cents on each one. I grabbed all of them. They'll be perfect to fill with candies, which is what I plan to give next Christmas.

A bit of cellophane and some ribbon and I'll have a nice gift for very little cash.

Also got a Mariah Carey Christmas CD for $1.00. It was a good day at the thrift store.

Finally, I picked up a manual pasta machine with several cutters for $3.00. Yeah!!!! That puppy is going on eBay.

Sounds like you scored Katie! I LUV a successful trip to the Goodwill. It is a gigantic treasure hunt.

I do the same thing at Christmas, Katie. What a great find! No such thing as thrift stores here - guess people just use up their old stuff until it is no longer useable! I miss them.

I burnt my Presto microwave popcorn popper to a crisp on Tuesday night--major catastrophe, because popcorn is a major food group for me. (Note to self--do not set the timer for 5 minutes and then wander off.)

Wednesday, I dropped off 6 dozen of my homegrown eggs off at the thrift store run by our local spay neuter group as my donation to the cause--she sells them for $2 a dozen, and sells them out in a couple hours.

There on the shelf was a Presto popper, just like my burnt-up one. I didn't have to drive 25 miles to WalMart to buy a new one. She was asking a dollar for it--I gave her $5, and considered it a bargain. New ones are $10-$15.

Back
Top Bottom