Stupid State Laws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One that I believe is still on the books here in AZ is that you can only protect yourself from a criminal or burgular with the same weapon they have. This was actually used by a defendant in a few cases the past few years. Well, no matter what they say...if I feel my life is in danger, I am going to shoot the fool!!

I would love to be in the room that they gather in when they come up with the idea for these laws.... "OH Yea!!!" "That is a good law... cuz those guys standing and taking 3 sips of beer may get drunk faster than the guy that only takes one." Could you imagine the look on your face when a cop walks up and taps you on the shoulder and says "Excuse me, I need you put that beer down and place your hands flat on the bar." :huh:

Out of all the things going on in the world, this is what we come up with to maintain order???

Another thing that drives me nuts is housing division laws... like you can only use oak to fence your yard, or your garage door must remain closed at all times. Some of them are ok, but most I have found are stupid!!!! Specially when it is my house and my property!!!

Last edited:
Here's a few from South Carolina:

Horses may not be kept in bathtubs

When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.

It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.

It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.

A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine.

A railroad my not remove itself from a town of more than five hundred people.

Also here's a link to a site with stupid state laws if you're having trouble finding something. http://www.justafreak.com/law/index.shtml After looking at a couple of the ones for SC I should have been in jail a long time ago!!:ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how many of these are real, but, one that is a little, ummmm, shall we say, sensitive, I know is true. It was all over the news.

OK - This one is for Jersey...It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder. Now would a murderer worry about this???

These are all from Jersey - esp. love the one abt. soup -

IT IS against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season
It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer
You may not slurp your soup.
It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon
No street-side trees may be planted that "obscure the air
It is illegal to throw ashes on the sidewalk.

It is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday. (Hartford)

Good thing I don't live in Hartford, I'd have to turn my husband in to the police!!!! Hmmm, maybe I better move!! LoL

Not a state law, a "town" law: in McDonald, Ohio you cannot walk your duck without a leash.

Why does Ohio seem to have an abundance of silly laws? Whales? Come on, folks!

Fraidy

Back
Top Bottom