"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #31
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
It seems to me you couldn't ask for much more. Is he only allowed to have interests you approve of? (No 'stupid' sports)

Do you have any interests he doesn't care about?
Its not that he is not allowed! I'm not bossing around! We love each other alot (silly me! thats why we are together!) We've been together for almost 2 years now. He even LOVES wrestling and tries to get me to watch Smack Down and Raw! To balance that out (actually much more than a balance ) he comes shopping with me.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #32
Head Chef

My hubby is from the Netherlands and played semi-pro soccer. He used to be crazy about watching it and even got our daughters and I into it. Otherwise, he doesn't watch sports unless I am watching them. With him being a truck-driver, he is only home for 1 or 2 days a week; Usually he watches the TV in our bedroom and I watch the one in the living room. After almost 30 years of marriage, we have discovered that it is alright to have our own interests that the other does not share. Nothing wrong with it at all. Besides, he has become a fan of Def Leppard.......thanks to me!!!!! :)

Old 06-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #33
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuta
BTW: Shaheen what about the cricket craze. Back home if there was anything that drove me insane was people's obsession with cricket and how work schedules and social events had to be arranged around that. Then there was tennis as well. As a kid sometimes I was glued to the television watching Navratilova and Graff fight it out.
Honestly I do not keep track of any kind of sport! Just today at class I heard that the India West Indies match was very gripping.
Though I vividly remember the steets were totally empty the day India and Pakistan played after a very long gap. It was alomst 3- 4 years ago. It seemed like a curfew! Whenever there is any cricket match the TV showrooms are surrounded by people trying to get a peek.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Hey guys... when I was on the way back from the gym this afternoon I saw a bunch of Indian kids playing crickets in the park... something you don't see very often in Italy!! I just thought about you two

Hey Shaheen, how about a partner switch just for during the world cup?
Just kidding
Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #35
Master Chef

*ups* haven't seen this.... started a new thread for the worldcup.. *sorry*
I must admit, everything around annoys me... people are havening flags out of there windows and cars.. that looks strange..
my sister says it reminds her of the US after 09/11..

but I like watching it and even if there are so much stupid things around I like the atmosphere ;o)
first match is running, Germany - Costa Rica 2:1 by now and there is almost nobody out on the streets.. like sunday morning
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Newspaper

Today's Business section of paper states Anheuser Busch gives up 70 million in support of World Cup. Do you believe this? Do I live in the wrong world?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #37
Master Chef

you don't get anything else than Anheuser Busch beer or coca cola.. no milk, absolutely nothing.. you can't even go with a taxi to the arena, because they are not allowed to go there... no official sponsor...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #38
Executive Chef

World Cup

Doesn't seem fair. They have everything wrapped up. My son was so thankful he got to see the game today. Someone called and told us that my ex is supposedly over in Germany watching the games. Being at the World Cup is experience no one would forget. How people get involved in game! Like life depended on it. Me, I like enjoying a good meal.