"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #11
Executive Chef

How do I clear out all the old subcriptions?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
How do I clear out all the old subcriptions?
Gp to user CP, under the recent activity on subscribed threads, there is a button that says "View all subscribed threads" Click on it and it show every thread you have ever subscribed to by posting in it. There is a check box next to each one, check the ones you want to delete (or the check box at the top to mark the whole page. Then at the bottom of the page there is a drop down menu which shows "Move to folder". Click on the menu to activate it and then click on delete. They quickly disappear.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman View Post
Gp to user CP, under the recent activity on subscribed threads, there is a button that says "View all subscribed threads" Click on it and it show every thread you have ever subscribed to by posting in it. There is a check box next to each one, check the ones you want to delete (or the check box at the top to mark the whole page. Then at the bottom of the page there is a drop down menu which shows "Move to folder". Click on the menu to activate it and then click on delete. They quickly disappear.
I did that I eliminated 1 page but I have 150 pages to delete. Dos that mean I have to go page by page 150 times?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Afraid so.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoRacingKid View Post
im used to getting alot of emails. I get about 3000 on a regular work day. read them all and what not. so i enjoy them and welcome them.

i do clear them out. I delte the emails of the what ever threads and then save the threads i need to save for reference.
I get quite a few emails (not as many as you!), and I enjoy getting them. However I prefer to keep my Discuss Cooking emails to two types rather than three. I get emails telling me when I get a PM and when a post has been reported. If I got the subscription emails as well, I might miss something important.

How do you have time to read 3,000 emails every day?!

Barbara
Old 10-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
Sous Chef

wait im only getting 2 types i think

the replys to threads and the pm ones. whcih one am i missing?

I get all those emails mostly becuase i work in IT but my job is based alot on emails.

it has effected my social skills a bit but alot of these people i talk with when i do they dont speak very much english.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

You're not missing anything GRK! I am a moderator, so I get an extra one that regular members do not get. I only brought it up because that is one reason I don't want a lot of DC emails--it might make me miss something important.

Barbara
Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adillo303 View Post
I shut off subscriptions. The e-Mails were getting a bit much. I can find / check on the threads that I post in and it keeps e-Mails down.

AC
me too