"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #31
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
My Chinese exchange student adds soy sauce and hot chili sauce to EVERYTHING I cook. Spaghetti, Asian stir frys, even pancakes.
Pancakes??!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #32
Executive Chef

I'm kinda like this guy. Never any complaints.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #33
Executive Chef

I know I pull off good meals but you can't please all the people all the time it may have an ingredient in it someone just doesn't like. It could also be a mood thing if there is a dish I love I might not want it because I just don't feel like it and would rather have something else. I always tell people if I made something you don't like don't feel obligated to eat it you wont hurt my feelings.. I understand when someone doesnt like something I don't like certain things either. What I do hate is when I make a nice dish and someone will come up and ask me if it's any good I tell them " no it sucks that's why I made it" Also some people just don't have educated palates so anything different freaks them out well that's just to bad and it's not my problem. I know when I make something and if it didn't turn out quite the way I was expecting it goes straight into the trash.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #34
Master Chef

Tell me about it. I hate those snotty remarks. I am famous for my chicken soup. It is really good, even I like it. Most of other things I make, I usually complain about that they are not as good as my grandma's or my mothers'. But soup, soup is always good. So this one time we are having diner with my in laws and sisters in-law. One of the sisters finished her soup and says it is so good; it is almost as good as Swanson’s. I almost exploded. My soup, MY SOUP AND SWANSONS. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I tell, and this is the person who's never cooked in her life. Her husband cooks. Where do people get of to be so rude to say things like this?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:10 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Tell me about it. I hate those snotty remarks. I am famous for my chicken soup. It is really good, even I like it. Most of other things I make, I usually complain about that they are not as good as my grandma's or my mothers'. But soup, soup is always good. So this one time we are having diner with my in laws and sisters in-law. One of the sisters finished her soup and says it is so good; it is almost as good as Swanson’s. I almost exploded. My soup, MY SOUP AND SWANSONS. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I tell, and this is the person who's never cooked in her life. Her husband cooks. Where do people get of to be so rude to say things like this?
That was unbelievably rude Charlie! Do you think she was just teasing you or trying to get you to react? Whatever it was, I think you should set a place for her on the porch next time!
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #36
Executive Chef

This is my dh I'm talking about here. I guess after dinner the other night I was just feeling a little unappreciated. He likes beef stroganoff, so I thought I would make it for him and he'd enjoy it. I like that I can go out to a restaurant and find something I really like (or dh really likes) then I go home and make an even better version. I thought this would be one of those times.
I'm happy to get ideas from him about how to make a meal better. I ask him for those ideas every time I make something new. This was a "what's wrong with the stuff in the package?"
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one this has happened to.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:20 AM   #37
Head Chef

Jeekinz, I can only assume that's the Soup Nazi. LOL. (I've only seen his TV counterpart.)

CharlieD, what's Swanson's about?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #38
Executive Chef

If it happens again, tell them to get their lazy butt in the kitchen and cook dinner themselves.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #39
Head Chef

I like the people who only eat 1/2 of what you gave them. Then when asked how it was, they reply how great it was, but they just cant finish it becuase they are too full. Then, immediately after dinner, you see them stuffing their face with something else. I guess they are just trying to be polite by not saying they didnt like it. But they can atleastmake it a little less obvious.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
I like the people who only eat 1/2 of what you gave them. Then when asked how it was, they reply how great it was, but they just cant finish it becuase they are too full. Then, immediately after dinner, you see them stuffing their face with something else. I guess they are just trying to be polite by not saying they didnt like it. But they can atleastmake it a little less obvious.
The DW does that, but she's usually pacing herself for the Molten Chocolate Lava Cake.