Subtle insults to your cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heres the thing, I make deep pizzas for a group. One person says there isn't enough meat even though the pizza is covered. Another says the sauce wasn't spicy enough even though it was just right.

Then

Numerous people approach me and say how good the pizzas were. One person said she went back on her heals it was so good. I could go on. And on.

I make these pizzas, they disappear by the slice or whole. Never had a leftover. And still people get sniffy.

Cant please everyone.

No you can't please everyone. But the best compliment is when everyone takes huge helpings and looks disappointed when the dish is all gone. Then you KNOW it was well-liked, even if no one says anything.

... heals it was so good. I could go on. And on.

I make these pizzas, they disappear by the slice or whole. Never had a leftover. And still people get sniffy.

Cant please everyone.

Care to share recipe. I make thin crust pizza, but we have friends who love deep dish one, need good recipe.

I use to laugh at Paul...while I was frying bacon and the smoke alarm would go off he would tell Kevin " when its burning its cooking, when its burnt its done..breakfast is ready lil Bud" ( that is an old Marine corps expression..LOL)

thats what he gets for putting a smoke alarm in the kitchen...Bless his heart.

If they don't spit it out, wipe their tongues with their napkins, swish the wine in their mouths and spit THAT out just to clear the taste from their mouths and then curse at you for 10 minutes, it isn't that bad.

If they don't spit it out, wipe their tongues with their napkins, swish the wine in their mouths and spit THAT out just to clear the taste from their mouths and then curse at you for 10 minutes, it isn't that bad.
That's the way I look at it, too. Of course, if the dog won't eat it, I just pick up the phone and order pizza.

borning meal

sometimes it works the opposite for me. i make a killer chicken cassor. when ever i serve it people love it.so when ever i have a bday dinner for family members, that is what they always ask for. i am so sick of making it. i try offering other things and the answer is always no. they want that **** cassor. my oldest grandson and wife coming for his bday dinner. guess what he wants.lol. i offered shrimp scampi but it was no go. all in all i make it sixteen times a year, at the very least. have offered the recipe but nope , only mine is good enough for them. flattering for sure, but boring.it is good but it is not that good, babe

Babe... make a really bad one and end the cycle!
You can do it! Love that salt shaker or something, LOLOL!
Maybe sometimes it is GOOD to get insulted!
(humorrrrr... ark ark)

sometimes it works the opposite for me. i make a killer chicken cassor. when ever i serve it people love it.so when ever i have a bday dinner for family members, that is what they always ask for. i am so sick of making it. i try offering other things and the answer is always no. they want that **** cassor. my oldest grandson and wife coming for his bday dinner. guess what he wants.lol. i offered shrimp scampi but it was no go. all in all i make it sixteen times a year, at the very least. have offered the recipe but nope , only mine is good enough for them. flattering for sure, but boring.it is good but it is not that good, babe[/quote

When are you inviting the rest of us over for your killer chicken casserole?:rolleyes:

Care to share recipe. I make thin crust pizza, but we have friends who love deep dish one, need good recipe.

Standard bread recipe, 2 batches:

Since this isn't the place I'll write the basics.

Sponge:

18 oz water, 1 Tb sugar, 2 ts cake yeast, 10 oz flour, watch to make sure yeast lives, then stow in cooler overnight.

The rest:

in bowl, 2 oz water, 3 ts cake yeast, 1 ts sugar, let sit to liven up.

add to sponge.

add 22 oz flour (or more or less). Knead.

Autolyse.

Add 1 TB Kosher Salt, 2nd knead. Dust with whole wheat or all purpose.

Nothing unusual. Nothing special.

Hard part: Leave rise in cooler 1 ~ 2 days.

Now the dough is ready to be made into ... Kaisers? Pizza? Baguettes? Maybe even bread. I know, the Blasphemy!! Each are suppose to have their own special dough .....

If I'm making Garlic Herb I add these to the sponge while waiting for the second yeast to wake up.

Let the dough come up to room temp.

For the pizza I work it a little to redistribute the yeast. Form it, rest it, shape it, coat the bottom of a 14 inch cast iron skillet with olive oil, insert dough, bead of oil around dough perimeter and lightly coat the top. Rise.

Hmm, this is becoming involved.

Top (I use chopped stewed tomatoes and reduce/ herb the juice), put in 400 degree oven 15 minutes, cover with foil (laid on top), cook another 15.

Of course this depends on skillet weight (the ones I use are heavy) and the oven, and the amount of toppings.

What makes it so good is that it is different, around here you can't get a real thick and light pizza, Specially with an almost oil bread/dough.

Time to pack up the mixer and head over.

anytime

sometimes it works the opposite for me. i make a killer chicken cassor. when ever i serve it people love it.so when ever i have a bday dinner for family members, that is what they always ask for. i am so sick of making it. i try offering other things and the answer is always no. they want that **** cassor. my oldest grandson and wife coming for his bday dinner. guess what he wants.lol. i offered shrimp scampi but it was no go. all in all i make it sixteen times a year, at the very least. have offered the recipe but nope , only mine is good enough for them. flattering for sure, but boring.it is good but it is not that good, babe[/quote

When are you inviting the rest of us over for your killer chicken casserole?:rolleyes:

come on over , i will make it for u . ONCE, lol. i really am bored with it. babe

Corazon, I wish I could have had that meal.

I am sure it was great.

Let me turn my attention to guests.

I very much appreciate anyone who has the kindness to prepare a meal for me.

If it includes bananas and hard boiled eggs, both of which I detest, I will eat them.

Will always thank the person for their efforts, and make them feel good.

The host has duties as being the host and the guest has reciprocal duties.

I do not understand how anyone could try to diminish ones efforts in the kitchen.

Give me a meal. Thank you. It is great. That is the way I was brought up and that is the way I think folks should act.

This past week, I was in Vegas for our birth. Our daughter asked me to make her pot roast, I did. Good cut of meat, onions, carrots, potatoes, broth, red wine, seasonings, it was lovely. I ran to the hospital [no time for me to eat dinner] being the first one to see our Landon. When I arrived at the hospital, my son asked me, "Mom, did you bring my dinner?" I didn't think he wanted any and no one reminded me to make him a plate to take to the hospital. Our daughter arrived and he said thanks to her, sarcastically. She said, "You really didn't miss much, we had to put Worchestershire sauce on it to make it palatable. Sorry Mom, it wasn't very good, it was very tough meat." Since I didn't have any myself, I felt badly but thought oh well, my little baby is so cute, forget dinner.

I visited the hospital the next day but before going, I called. He asked me to bring him a sandwich, he was starving. I made him a [pot] roast beef sandwich and another one of turkey/cheese/ham. Chips, cookies, sodas, etc. He opened the bag of lunch while I snatched Landon. He said, "Thanks mom, this is wonderful, I was starving, I love roast beef sandwiches."

So see, yep, I get those cuts all the time but there's always some good that comes out of it, even if it's me telling me how good it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom