Subway Subs ARE NOT A foot long!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Subway Foot-Longs Coming Up Short | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

The New York Post followed up on Corby's complaint with a New York City-based investigation of its own and found Corby's experience to be more the rule than the exception.

According to the Post, four out of seven "Five-dollar Footlongs" purchased at Subways in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, measured only 11 or 11.5 inches. A local franchise owner told the paper the chain has cut the portions of their cold-cut meats by 25 percent recently and raised the cost of food to individual store owners.

Even Cutting 25% of the meat out of sub is just nuts.. Not much meat to begin with in a sub from that place.

Last edited:
i'll have to measure one the next time i buy a footlong.

oddly enough, i had to wait for the bread guy to make his delivery to the subway show on 63rd and 11th this morning to get a free parking spot for the day. the delivery guy did look kinda short...

lol, it's not that big of a secret, whisk. but you have to get there almost an hour before the street sweeping regulations expire to get in line for a spot, then do a kamikaze move into traffic on 11th ave. when the street sweeper comes by, and then back in without letting someone else steal your spot. :mad:

today the subway delivery guy was taking up 4 spots so there was a line in the stop behind it of cars waiting for him to move. luckily we didn't get chased out by traffic cops.

yeah, it's not stressful at all... :ermm:

Many eons ago I had a Subway Sub. That was all I neeeded. Have never set foot into one their stores since. :angel:

haven't you read this thread, addie? you don't set a whole foot into a subway. just about 11".

but then you probably have small feet.

haven't you read this thread, addie? you don't set a whole foot into a subway. just about 11".

but then you probably have small feet.

I take a size 5 shoe. If I lose another 10 lbs, my foot size wil go down to a 4.5 My kids tell me I have Barbie Doll feet. :angel:

We only ever get the half one and always make sure we have the cookies they have...they are delicious :yum:

Yes folks I guess we can now finally say that a footlong at a Subway is a just a DESCRIPTIVE name for a product sold at that place.

How short can Subway sub go before they can never call it a footlong sub?

Back
Top Bottom