Suddenly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
One never knows what is going to happen when they start their day. Bible always quotes something happening as ' suddenly' and it was! Took the dogs to the groomers because of the heat. They feel better when the hair is short. Thought I was doing them a favor. After being at groomers for more than 7 hours I started getting worried. The dog with diabetes is not too stable, never know what will happen. I called them and they said my phone was disconnected they couldn't reach me. Phone company said they were probably dialing wrong number. Probably excited about the dog. They said they had called our vet and asked what to do about one of the dogs having seizure! I figured it was the diabetic one. I went over and it was the healthy one. Shi zu 10 years old. When I got to the groomers he was acting okay but they advised me to take him to get him checked. Since he is the smallest one, we feel more protective of him Dog seemed very quiet and I got to vet who took blood and tried to assure me seizures happen all the time. I never had the others get seizures but I knew what he was trying to do. Doesn't want me to worry! He is really unusually quiet and listless. I love them all but when this happens without any warning, I don't like it. He ate supper which I think is good but will find out tomorrow what the test reveals. he asked me if I ever took him to the groomers and I did. Going to the vet just affects me with all those kind faces in there. I keep telling myself 'be strong' I am as long as I don't know what caused it. Doc calls my dog 'PeeWee' Kind doctor and I think he doesn't like to upset anyone. Sorry, about airing my worry on all of you but I know you are all dog lovers or should be so you understand how I feel. thanks for the time. I know he'll be alright! Hope I can sleep.

Last edited:
ITK, did the vet do tests? When will you get the results back?
I'm so sorry about all of it. If your like me, your dogs are your babies and it's like on of your kids being sick or hurt.
My prayers and thoughts are with you and "peewee" :eek:)
Let us know how it comes out. Try not to worry yourself sick. I know that's hard, just try, your dogs know when you are upset and it makes them more upset too.
HUGS!!

I know what you are going thru. I had a lasa with failing kidneys. All you can do is love um and kiss um. I pray the test shows nothing serious.

Thought and prayers for you and your little pooch...Hope all turns out well ..

kadesma

Hey All

Knew I could count on my friends. I need you all now. wasabi, your dog still around? I like the quote you have at the end of your message. Made me laugh. Thanks. texas, thanks for your thoughts. The vet did a blood test. He checked his stomach, moved his legs, and checked his heart. Oh, he looked at the mouth and eyes, and ears. kadesma, appreciate your thoughts, sure needed till I find out tomorrow about the blood test. Since this is the first time, I don't know what a blood test will show. The groomer said he got stiff and started foaming at the mouth. What a sight that must have been. No wonder they couldn't dial my phone number! If I saw him like that I would not think straight either. Right now I don't want to do anything but be with him. All the love this little guy gives we sure want him to stay well. Your love is sure strong. Helps me make it till I find out results. I need all of you, thanks for being there.

Kitchen,

all of us who have pets and I have a black doxie who is about 16 years old, understand exactly how you feel...I had another doxie who did just what yours did today and they the vet tried to tell me over the phone that the dog had been eating flies that made her sick!!! I knew this was rot as the dog had been sleeping at my side til she had the seizsure..We took her to another vet but he could find nothing wrong, just said to watch her closely for a few days and we did, she never had another one and lived to about 25 years of age..So just sit with your pooch, pet and hold him and don't feel guilty about it..Just love the dog for now...and let it love you back..Tomorrow you both will feel better.
kadesma:)

Oh ITK, you must have been so worried! Just keep an eye on your little sweetie and hang in there. Likely all will be well and this was just an isolated thing. Try not to fret too much. I have been in your shoes with all of our pets at one time or another and thankfully it always passes. Prayers for your family tonight.

ITK, I'm so sorry!!!! It's scary to have our pets not feel well...they can't tell us where they hurt or how they feel. My daughter has brittany spaniels and one of her's has seizures. The vet has checked her out numerous times and found nothing wrong. The best they can come up with is an allergy-related problem. She doesn't have trouble in the winter. The first time my daughter was really frightened and upset but now she has learned to deal with the seizures. See what the vet says and try not to worry. I think everything will be OK...

Awwwww - I will say a prayer for your dog ITK - it's very scary when something happens to one of our pets - they can't tell us anything - as others have said - just love em.

So sorry Kitch.........I know how much your dogs mean to you. My prayers are coming your way. Stay strong..............the lil fellow is lucky to have you by its side.

Delay

Does this only happen to me? I know it doesn't but the vet said no results yet. Will call if they come in before he goes home at 7 otherwise have to wait till tomorrow. The dog is always more quiet than usual. Just leaving the house makes me wonder how things will be while I am gone. Have to just keep the faith and know Someone in higher power has control here. I am okay Alix, but I guess you know how emotional I am so good thing I can't bother you in person. texas, I am so happy have other dog lovers here. They are worth so much and only life form that will put up with someone like me. Otherwise, I hear nothing but complaints about i don't have enough to think about. They would feel different if something would happen. I don't even want to go there. Thanks and when I hear I will surely share with you. Thanks again for prayers they always work for the right outcome no matter what we want. Blessings.

Thanks for updating us the best you can ITK. You let us know and in the meantime we are here if you just have to talk.

In the Kitchen said:
I am okay Alix, but I guess you know how emotional I am so good thing I can't bother you in person.

You wouldn't be a bother, if you were here I would give you a big hug and help you stomp all those spiders too! PM me if you need to vent more and don't want to do it here.

ITK, I know how you feel about your 4 legged babies, I feel the same way!!
Like Alix, if you were near, I would give you a big ole hug too. I would sit with you and worry with you so your not by yourself. Just know that your not alone! You can pm me also if you need to talk.
BIG HUGS!!

Thoughts and Prayers are powerful

Good News! No trouble in the blood. He told me to just keep an eye on him and if notice another seizure to contact him otherwise let''s just see what happens. I feel confident in his opinion and unless there is something he can't really figure out then he hopes this is isolated incident. I just wish I felt as satisfied with my own doctor as I do with him. My sincere appreciation for all of you who responded. I am very grateful to have you let me know you were thinking of us. Especially when you are in limbo about something you love so much. I can't say I loved a person as much as my dogs. Terrible to say but even my own family make me feel unimportant. I know I am insecure at times but I have the Inner Strength I depend on to pull me through. I am thanking Him for having caring people like you. I just wasn't expect ing something like this. Of course, you have to go through it knowing that the outcome is meant for our good. As I said before, I wish you many blessings in return for t he kindness you have shown me. Now I can relax. Sure strange how your day changes when a 'suddenly' happens. Take care and thanks.

That's great ITK!!!
I'm so happy for you and your baby. Now, just give 'em a big hug and a special treat just for being a sweatheart.

That is good news ITK - I wonder if the dog got scared (like my dog during a thunderstorm or firewords or believe it or not, acorns hitting the gutters of the house) and she was shaking so badly they thought it was a seizure. I've never actually seen a dog having a seizure so I don't know how to compare it to the shakes my dog gets.

Anyway - good news! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom