Sunday Special- Crystal Ball..Broken !
Subject: Sunday Special- Crystal Ball..Broken
1. in august, 1951, these mistaken words were uttered: "the giants is dead!"
who made this prediction, maybe the worst one in baseball history?
a. leo durocher
b. walter o'malley
c. sal maglie
d. charlie dressen
2. on march 16, 2003, on national television, when asked whether "the american people are prepared for a long, costly, and bloody war with significant american casualties", this administration official responded, "well, i don't think it's likely to unfold that way.....because i really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators".
who said it?
a president bush
b. vice president cheney
c. donald rumsfeld
d. paul wolfowitz
3. it's a famous photo; harry truman, just elected president, holds up a newspaper- printed and sold before all the votes were counted- that reads,
"DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN"
which paper made this monumental error?
a. the philadelphia inquirer
b. los angeles herald
c. chicago daily tribune
d. pittsburgh post-gazette
4. at a reception in november, 1956 a particular soviet premier, perhaps over-vodka'd, declared, "whether you like it or not, history is on our side. we will bury you".
which soviet official made this partisan bad prediction?
a. vladimir lenin
b. joseph stalin
c. nikita kruschev
d. leonid brezhnev
5. "it doesn't matter what he does, he will never amount to anything!" this was spoken in 1895 by a teacher to the father of.........whom?
a. charlie chaplin
b. albert einstein
c. henry ford
d. franklin d. roosevelt
6. match the erroneous prediction with the mouth who made it;
a. i can state flatly that heavier-than-air flight is a physical impossibility.
b. television won't be able to hold onto any market it captures after the first six months - people will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."
c. "the radio craze will die out in time"
d. atomic energy might be as good as our present-day explosives, but it is unlikely to produce anything very much more dangerous."
darryl f. zanuck
william thompson, lord kelvin
7. match the talent scout's assessment to the young performer(s) being assessed;
a. "you'd better learn secretarial work, or else get married."
b. you ain't goin' nowhere son. you ought to go back to driving that truck!"
c. can't act; a little bald; can dance a little."
d. "we don't like the sound, and anyway, guitar music is on it's way out."
6. a. lord kelvin
b. daryl zanuck
c. thomas edison
d. winston churchill
7. a. marilyn monroe
b. elvis presley
c. fred astaire
d. the beatles
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !