Sunday Special-do not pass go ....
Sunday Special- Monopoly
DID YOU KNOW...
Monopoly played an important role in World War II.
Escape maps, compasses, and files, were inserted into Monopoly game boards and smuggled into P.O.W camps inside Germany during World War II. Real money for escapees was slipped into the packs of Monopoly money. </B>
1. Fill in the blank;
The four railroads in monopoly, in order, are the _______, _______, _______, and _______.
2. B&O stands for........what ?
3. One of the properties is misspelled compared to it's actual namesake; which one ?
4. One of the board's properties is not in Atlantic City; actually, it's a community just outside it; which one ?
5. Fill in the blank;
"Community Chest" was an actual ______ in 1930's Atlantic City
6. You can end up in jail three ways; what are they ?
7. What's the penalty for landing on the luxury tax space ?
8. The prize for winning the World Monopoly championships is a Monopoly Set with ____ _____ inside.
9. The short, bald, mustachioed man who is the long time mascot of the game was known as Rich Uncle Pennybags, but he is now known by another name. What is it?
10. If, according to a Community Chest card, you have won a Beauty Contest, how much is your prize ?
11. What year was the game first marketed ?
12. How many squares are there on a Monopoly board ?
13. fill in the blank;
Including railroads and utilities, there are ___properties on a Monopoly board.
14. Incidentally, what do you need to own to have a "Monopoly" ?
15. If you own three railroads, how much does another player pay you for "riding" on one of them ?
16.True or false; Official rules state that you must go completely around the board before you may begin purchasing properties..
17. True or False; Official rules state that you still collect rents on your properties while in jail.
18. Fill in the blank;
There are exactly ___ houses and ___ hotels, and when they're gone, they're gone.
19. Statistically, what's the most visited color on the board ?
20. True or False; Monopoly is manufactured by Hasbro.
1. Reading, Pennsylvania, B&O, and Short Line.
2. Baltimore and Ohio.
3. "Marvin Gardens" is misspelled. It's "Marven Gardens"
4. Marvin Gardens
5. Charity Organization
6. roll doubles three times in a row, pull a "Go to Jail" card, or land on the Jail space
8. real money
9. Mr. Monopoly
11. in 1934
14. all of the properties in a given color set
18. 32- 12
19. the orange section
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !