Sunday Special- Name that Flick II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sunday Special- Name that Flick II

1. (1982) Based on Philip K. Dick's s-f novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, this flick is set in the year 2019, in a big city that suggests a Tokyo gone daft. Androids (like the ones played by Rutger Hauer, Sean Young and Darryl Hannah) are so evolved they think they're human.

2. (1946)This Hollywood holiday ordeal of Capra's traces the decline of a man driven to the edge of madness. George Bailey's life is not, in worldly terms, so wonderful.

3. (1974) Set against the background of innocent, sun-splashed Los Angeles in the 1930s, Jack Nicholson is the private eye who falls and Faye Dunaway as the rich, mysterious and doomed dark lady with whom he falls in love...

4. (1990)The director wanted his bloody, dirty-talking study of small-time Mafiosos to have the spirit of "a rollicking road picture," and he achieved this paradoxical goal brilliantly. The picture only seems amoral. Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Lorraine Bracco, and Paul Sorvino are great, and Joe Pesci is awesome as the most psychopathic of hoods.....

5. (2003) 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water. That's a lot of space to find one fish !

6. (1954) Brando gives his greatest performance as a young ex-boxer who comes to political consciousness and helps oust a corrupt, mob-controlled union.

7. (1963) The great movie-star man, Cary Grant, meets the great movie-star lady, Audrey Hepburn, in a soufflé-light thriller-romance-comedy. Audrey is a Parisian thief's widow, now in ignorant possession of his loot, and Cary is a mystery man with a protective or pernicious interest in her.

8. (1968) Directed by Sergio Leone, this is a story of the "civilizing" of the West through two agents: one coolly mechanical (the railroad), the other warmly human (Claudia Cardinale, representing womanhood at its most nurturing and radiant).
Leone turns Charles Bronson into a leading man, and Henry Fonda into a sneering villain.

9. (1994) This flick sparked the third or fourth coming of John Travolta's career (while, sort of, killing him off in the middle of the movie) Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega are two hitmen who are out to retrieve a suitcase stolen from their employer, mob boss Marsellus Wallace. Butch Coolidge is an aging boxer who is paid by Wallace to lose his next fight.

10. (1951) There is a remarkable resemblance between Disneyland's 'Jungle Cruise' attraction and this film. The acting of the two principal actors is some of the strongest ever registered on film, although this was their first and only pairing together. They portray an unshaven, drinking and smoking captain of a cranky tramp steamer, and a prissy and proper, but imperious and unorthodox WWI-era African missionary spinster.

11. (1980) An unrelenting, searing biopic and dramatic tragedy - based on the real-life story of an unlovable, stubborn middle-weight boxing champion as he struggles to be champion. His life passes through successive stages of punishment, compromise, and self-disintegration, due to numerous inner demons.

12. (1942) one of Hollywood's greatest, grandest and slickest musicals. It's a lively, sensational and dynamic film with exciting song and dance numbers and atour de force performance by the high-pitched and energized James Cagney. The film tells the musical rags-to-riches life story and times of early 20th century entertainment legend George M. Cohan.

13. (1979) A mining ship, investigating a suspected SOS, lands on a distant planet. The crew discovers some strange creatures and investigates...

14. (1948) A classic tale of the elusive search for gold in the Mountains by a trio of ill-matched prospectors that meet in Tampico, Mexico. This classic film is an intense character study showing the corruptive and cancerous effects of greed on the souls of men.

15. (1953) This straight-forward narrative is told and seen mostly through the eyes of the young impressionable hero, Joey, who idolizes a mysterious, gunslinging hero from the wilderness who appears from nowhere - a man without a past or a future, and hangs around long enough to fight, and win, against the cattlemen who are trying to force homesteaders off the range....

16. (1954) An intriguing, macabre Hitchcockian visual study of obsessive human curiosity and voyeurism. James Stewart is impotently confined to a wheelchair while recuperating in his Greenwich Village apartment, and spends his time in voyeuristic surveillance of other tenants in his apartment building...

17. (1969) Sam Peckinpah's provocative, brilliant yet controversial Western, shocking for its graphic and elevated portrayal of violence and savagely-explicit carnage, this bleak tale tells of aging, scroungy outlaws bound by a private code of honor, camaraderie and friendship, who find that they are at odds with the society of 1913...

18. (1991) This nail-biter tells the tale of the notorious, cobra-like, intelligent psychiatrist turned psychopath and his bargaining game to share information about another wanted serial killer with a dedicated, fledgling, vulnerable and rising female FBI agent-trainee/investigator......

19. "Show Me The Money !!"

20. "I see dead people !"
1. Blade Runner
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Chinatown
4. Goodfella's
5. Finding Nemo
6. On the Waterfront
7. Charade
8. Once Upon a Time in the West
9. Pulp Fiction
10. The African Queen
11. Raging Bull
12. Yankee Doodle Dandy
13. Alien
14. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
15. Shane
16. Rear Window
17. The Wild Bunch
18. The Silence of the Lambs
19. Jerry Maguire
20. The Sixth Sense

LOL, too early for the brain, hehe. I thought Alien, but, then, changed my mind because I didn't think it was that old. lol I got 6, that's it.

Got it 1. Blade Runner
Got it 2. It's a Wonderful Life
Got it 3. Chinatown
Got it 4. Goodfella's
Missed it 5. Finding Nemo
Got it 6. On the Waterfront
Missed it 7. Charade
Missed it 8. Once Upon a Time in the West
Got it 9. Pulp Fiction
Missed it 10. The African Queen
Got it 11. Raging Bull
Missed it 12. Yankee Doodle Dandy
Thought it was Planet of the Apes :LOL: 13. Alien
Missed it 14. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Got it 15. Shane
Got it 16. Rear Window
I knew the film, but forgot the title 17. The Wild Bunch
Got it 18. The Silence of the Lambs
Got it 19. Jerry Maguire
Got it 20. The Sixth Sense
:mrgreen:

Got six. Would have gotten more but I guess I am still not awake and actually missed reading the clues on some!

Back
Top Bottom