Sunday Special - Now We're Cooking!
Sunday Special - Now We're Cooking !
A to T ! (Answers start with the next alphabetical letter, starting with
1. Reputed to be an aphrodisiac, this is a potent, bitter LIQUEUR distilled
from WORMWOOD and flavored with a variety of herbs.
2. "Cordon Bleu" translates to this in English...
3. French for "coffee with milk," It usually consists of equal portions of
scalded milk and coffee.
4. Literally French for "half cup," this term can refer to either a tiny
coffee cup or the very strong black coffee served in the cup.
5. The abbreviation for ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, an additive used in
some processed foods to eliminate the possibility of rancidity caused by the
transfer of trace metals during the manufacturing process.
6. Made from cereal grains, this is a bland-tasting flour or meal that, when
cooked in boiling water, makes a hot breakfast cereal.
7. The art of fine dining; the science of gourmet food and drink.
8. This dish is said to have been created during the California Gold Rush in
a rowdy burg called Placerville. It's called by the town's nickname,which
it got because it was the site of frequent executions of "criminals". It
consists of fried breaded oysters cooked together with eggs and fried bacon,
rather like an omelet or scramble.
9. What a bottle containing 6 liters/8 standard bottles (in Bordeaux) is
10. This mild Swiss-style cheese has large irregular holes. It hails from
Norway and has a yellow-wax rind and semifirm yellow interior.
11. This spicy-hot, extraordinarily pungent condiment is served at almost
every Korean meal. It's made of fermented vegetables - such as cabbage or
turnips - that have been pickled before being stored in tightly sealed pots
or jars and buried in the ground. It's dug up and used as needed.
12. One of the most important flavorings in Thai cooking, this herb has
long, thin, gray-green leaves and a scallion-like base.
13. A potent, complex mixed drink made with light and dark rums, ORGEAT
SYRUP, CURAÇAO, orange and lime juices and any other touches the bartender
might add. It's served over ice and garnished with a skewer of fresh fruit.
14. Brick-shaped ice cream made up of three differently flavored ice creams
(usually vanilla, chocolate and strawberry).
15. Formal term for waste parts, especially of a butchered animal.
16. An Italian bacon that is cured with salt and spices but not smoked.
Flavorful and slightly salty, it comes in a sausage-like roll.
17. The Spanish word for "cheese."
18. This red-leafed Italian chicory is most often used as a salad green.
There are several varieties, but the two most widely available in the United
States are Verona and Treviso .
19. A small broiler unit in a professional oven that quickly browns the tops
20. An astringent substance found in the seeds and stems of grapes, the bark
of some trees and in tea; it is important in the making of good red wines,
aiding them in long and graceful aging.
2. Blue Ribbon
3. cafe' au lait
8. Hangtown Fry
12. lemon grass
13. Mai Tai
14. Neapolitan ice cream
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !