Sunday Special - Pop Culture; the 80's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sunday Special - Pop Culture; the 80's

1. The Dead Poets Society students attended which school;
a. Wheaton Academy
b. Welton Academy
c. Wilfred Academy
d. Wharton Academy

2. Name the 1988 movie where a Carnival Machine called Zoltar granted 12-year-old Josh Baskin's wish ...

3. What is "ALF" an acronym for ?

4. Who said that ??
(To Senator Dan Quayle, during the 1988 Vice-Presidential debate;)
"I knew Jack Kennedy; You're no Jack Kennedy!"

5. Cosby Kid Lisa Bonet's wholesome image took a hit when she appeared in a sexy role in this 1987 Robert De Niro vehicle...

6. Ted Knight (Mary Tyler Moore Show) returned to TV in the eighties in a sit-com about a cartoonist and his wife who share a house with their two daughters ; name it.

7. In what city was the TV cop show, Hill Street Blues set ?
a. Chicago
b. San Francisco
c. Boston
d. It's never established

8. When Sylvester Stallone's Rocky character runs up those steps, where is he ?

9. On TV's Night Court, Judge Harry Stone had a fanatical devotion to what crooner ?

10. Before Pierce Brosnan was James Bond, he appeared as the title character in what TV Private Eye Series ?

11. Who said that ??
".................I am not an animal; I am a man !"

12. In this 1985 film, if you don't have 1.21 Gigawatts of power, you ain't getting home.........

13. Cheers was a drinking establishment located in the basement of what upscale restaurant ?

14. Which Day-time talk show co-host got her big break performing stand-up comedy on an early episode of Star Search ?
( Bonus; who hosted Star Search ? )

15. Can you identify the five members of The Traveling Wilburys ? .

1. b- Welton Academy
2. Big
3. Alien Life Form
4. Senator Lloyd Bensten
5. Angel Heart
6. Too Close for Comfort
7. d- they never mention the name of the city **
8. The Philadelphia Art Museum
9. Mel Torme
10. Remington Steele
11. The Elephant Man
12. Back to the Future
13. Melville's
14. Rosie O'Donnell (Ed McMahon)
15. Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynn, and Tom Petty

** The producers went to great lengths to avoid specifying where the series took place, even going so far as to obscure whether the call letters of local TV stations began with "W" (the FCC designation for stations east of the Mississippi) or "K"(signifying a station west of the Mississippi). However, occasionally they would let something slip, such as the use of call letters WREQ, TV channel 6, in the season 3 episode "Domestic Beef".
Another indication that the series took place in the Midwest or Northeast was Renko's statement to his partner in the season one episode "Politics As Usual": "Just drop that 'cowboy' stuff. I was born in New Jersey, [and] never been west of Chicago in my life."
Specific references in other episodes to New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Detroit, Cleveland, and Columbus, Ohio would exclude those locales, while the clearest indication where the program was set lies in brief and occasional glances at Interstate Highway signs, including one sign designating the junction of I-55 and I-90, which is in Chicago.

I missed 4, but got the Bonus Question. This was fun! I got all the Traveling Wilbury's CD's a couple of weeks ago, finally found them!

1. b- Welton Academy
2. Big
3. Alien Life Form
4. Senator Lloyd Bensten
5. Angel Heart
6. Too Close for Comfort
8. The Philadelphia Art Museum
9. Mel Torme
10. Remington Steele
11. The Elephant Man
12. Back to the Future
13. Melville's

I love the Traveling Wilburys but could only remember 2.

1. b- Welton Academy
2. Big
3. Alien Life Form

4. Senator Lloyd Bensten
5. Angel Heart
6. Too Close for Comfort
8. The Philadelphia Art Museum--Just remembered the Philadelphia part. :ROFLMAO:
9. Mel Torme
10. Remington Steele

11. The Elephant Man
12. Back to the Future
13. Melville's

:)Barbara
P.S. I loved how they included Roy Orbison in their last video with him in it. He died before they did the video. Whenever his voice is featured in the video, they focus on a rocking chair with his picture in a frame, sitting on the seat.

:)Barbara
P.S. I loved how they included Roy Orbison in their last video with him in it. He died before they did the video. Whenever his voice is featured in the video, they focus on a rocking chair with his picture in a frame, sitting on the seat.

It was a very nice video! I miss Roy Orbison and George Harrison...:(

Back
Top Bottom