Sunday Special - Really Great lakes
Sunday Special - Really Great lakes !
1. Name the only one of the Great Lakes to be entirely within The borders of the U.S.A.
2. Name the two "Great Lakes" that border only one state.
3. Which is the easternmost of the great lakes?
4. What is the westernmost State to have a major Great Lakes port?
5. What state's border claims territory in 4 of the 5 Great Lakes?
6. Which is the northernmost of the great lakes?
7. What’s the name of the canal connecting the Hudson River to the great lakes ?
8. How many of the Great Lakes are among the top five largest lakes in North America ?
9. Which of the Great lakes is the deepest ?
10. fill in the blanks;
The Niagara River flows from lake _______ to Lake _______ .
11. Spread evenly across a flat continental U.S., the water of the Great Lakes would submerge the country under about _________feet.
a. – 5.5
b. – 7.5
d. – 11.5
12. Fill in the blank ;
The Great Lakes shoreline is equal to almost 44 percent of the circumference of the earth, and Michigan's Great Lakes shoreline totals 3,288 mi/5,294 km, more coastline than any state but _______ .
13. Which of the Great Lakes is the shallowest ?
14. What created the Great Lakes ?
15. The water flowing through the Great Lakes eventually flows into .................... what ?
1. Lake Michigan
2.Ontario and Huron
7. Erie Canal
8. Three ; Superior, Huron and Michigan
10. Erie – Ontario
11. – c
14. Glaciers- carved them out, then melted and filled them
15. St. Lawrence River
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !