Sunday Special - Rocket Test
Sunday Special - Rocket Test
you don't have to be a rocket Scientist to take this quiz...
Did you know...
The rocket apparently made its debut on the pages of history as a fire arrow used by the Chin Tartars in 1232 AD for fighting off a Mongol assault on Kai-feng-fu.
1. According to the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, about how many nuclear warheads does the USA have sitting atop rockets.....this includes both operational and stand-down...
a. - 2,500
b. – 5,000
c. – 7,500
d. – 10,000
bonus; what percentage of these are poised to fly? (to the nearest 10% is close enough...)
2. You'd expect a pitcher with his gaudy stats to have done so, but Roger "the Rocket"
Clemens never performed this feat. What is it?
3. They started out in San Diego; later, They "flew" to
Houston.................. who are they?
4. How many ballistic missiles did North Korea launch on July 4, 2009, as an act of intimidation ??
5. The Ship, HMS Erebus, is perhaps the most famous of the British fleet's "rocket"
Ships. She fired her Iron-cased rockets against what historic fort, in what war?
6. The German WWII "V-2" rocket and the USA's "Redstone" rocket, the one used in
America's first nuclear missile tests, were both designed by this man................
7. what country was the first to successfully launch the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
Bonus; what year was it ?
8. The name he gave to his (and the world's) first successful liquid-propellant rocket,
launched in 1926, was "little Nell". Name this "father of modern rocketry".
9. What's the name of the shoulder-fired rockets fired by Hezbollah, raining down on Israel ?
10. Fill in the blank (in pounds); Each of the Shuttle's solid rocket motors burns _________ of
propellant per second.
11. Which Tennis Star carried the nick-name “Rocket” ?
12.Concerning Rocky & Bullwinkle; what was Rocky’s full name ?
13. Who had a 1972 hit with Rocket Man ?
14. Ray Bradbury published a short story titled The Rocket Man in his collection titled .... what ?
15. Name that Rocket :
Between 1944 and '45, almost 1,400 of these fell on London....
16. Which NYC "dance troupe’s name might well mean “Little Rockets” ?
17. The Apollo missions utilized this rocket in it’s various incarnations............
18. Name the two programs that preceded the Apollo Program....
19. How many astronauts have walked on the moon ?
20. What year saw the launching of the first successful earth-orbiting artificial satellite ?
1. – d bonus; about 50 %
3. the NBA Houston Rockets
5. She fired on Ft. McHenry in Baltimore Harbor, during the war of 1812,
causing the "rocket's red glare" that Francis Scott Key wrote about...
6. Wernher Von Braun
7. the then-Soviet Union, in 1957
8. Robert Goddard
9. Katyusha Rockets
10. 10,000 Pounds
11. Rod Laver
12. Rocket J. Squirrel
13. Elton John
14. The Illustrated Man
16. The Rockettes, of Radio City Music Hall
17. The Saturn
18. Mercury (one Astronaut), and Gemini (Two Astronauts)
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !