Sunday Special - The Bible
Sunday Special - The Bible
1. The Mother of Solomon ...
2. He was carried up to Heaven on a Whirlwind ...
3. He helped carry Jesus' cross to Golgotha ...
4. Malachi prophesied, "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall
prepare the way before me." To whom do Christians think he was referring?
5. What is the name of Abraham and Sarah's son?
6. When David was attracted to Bathsheba, how did he deal with her husband?
a. - David had him sent into the thick of battle to die.
b. - David had the priest annul Bathsheba's first marriage.
c. - David asked Uriah to divorce Bathsheba.
d. - David poisoned Uriah's food at a royal dinner.
7. - His clothes were made of camel hair...
8. - This is what Moses struck to get water...
9. - Which book starts with this passage: "Now after the death of Joshua it
came to pass, that the children of Israel asked the Lord, saying, Who shall
go up for us against the Canaanites first, to fight against them?"
10. Ruth was a wonderful daughter-in-law. She was so wonderful that at the
end of the book of Ruth, she was pronounced to be a better daughter-in-law
than how many sons?
11. When Elijah finished his work, he was taken up to the Lord in a
whirlwind. How did he go up in the whirlwind?
12. What has the Pentateuch also been known as?
13. "Jesus wept" (John 11:35) is known as the shortest verse in the New
Testament. Where can the shortest Old Testament verse be found?
a. - Psalms
b. - 1 Chronicles
c. - Ecclesiastes
d. - Obadiah
14. Who was the treasurer of the disciples?
15. What is the name of Mary and Martha's brother?
a. - Lazarus
b. - Nicodemus
c. - James
d. - Zacharias
16. Who was the son of Ruth and Boaz and the father of Jesse? He was also an
ancestor of Joseph, husband of Mary.
a. - Og
b. - Onesimus
c. - Obed
d. - Othniel
17. What was the purpose of the Tabernacle ?
18. Who was the wife of Moses?
a. - Zadok
b. - Zerephath
c. - Zalmonah
d. - Zipporah
19. The third station is "Jesus falls the first time". Which of the
following statements do Catholics most identify with this event?
a. - The cross was growing heavier under the weight of Satan.
b. - It was an unusually hot day.
c. - All human beings fall or weaken in life, but must stand up again with
d. - Jesus had actually been tripped.
Who had the talking donkey?
a. - Balaam
b. - Og
c. - Aaron
d. - Moses
3. Simon of Syrine
4. John the Baptist
7. John the Baptist
8. a Rock
11. On a Chariot of Fire
12. The Torah
13. - b
14. Judas Iscariot
15. - a
16. - c
17. a place where God could dwell among the people
18. - d
19. - c
20. - a
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !