Sunday Special - Trivia Classics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sunday Special - Trivia Classics
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous north American landmark is constantly moving backwards.
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to reproduce on their own for several growing seasons. What are they ?
4. What fruit has it's seeds on the outside ?
5. In many Liquor stores you can buy Pear Brandy with a real, full-grown, fully ripened pear in the bottle. Briefly describe how they get that pear in there.
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "DW" . They are all common words. Can you name them ?
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar....... How many can you list ?
HINT: I'll give you the first letter of each;
P
C
C
S
D
H
A
Q
E
Q
B
P
B
E
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S".
10. What's the most popular male first name in the world ?
11. To what U.S. city must I travel to see the world's largest Rhinestone?
(Hint; it's located in the Liberace Museum)
12. Fill in the blank;
During World War II, with both teams in danger of folding, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Pittsburgh Steelers temporarily merged to form the "Philadelphia-Pittsburgh _________".
13. Approximately what percentage of an iceberg appears above the water line, irregardless of it's size?
14. What's the only insect that can turn it's head ?
15. Consisting of only 3 letters (2 words), what is the shortest complete sentence in the English language ?
16. How many ridges are there around the edge of a dime ?
17. What was the very first feature-length animated film ?
(Bonus; what year was it released ?)
18. Who is pictured on the U.S. $100 bill ?
19. Which of the fifty bills itself as the "Beaver State" ?
20. On which TV show did The Simpsons first appear ?
1. Boxing
2. Niagara Falls (rim wear amounts to a backward movement of over two and a half feet a year lost to erosion)
3. Asparagus and Rhubarb
4. Strawberry
5. The bottle is placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired to the tree to hold them in place. It's left there for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stem.
6. Dwarf, Dwindle, Dwell
7. Period
Comma
Colon
Semicolon
Dash
Hyphen
Apostrophe
Question Mark
Exclamation Point
Quotation Marks
Brackets
Parenthesis
Braces
Ellipses
8. Lettuce
9. Shoes, Socks, Sandals, Sneakers, Slippers, Skis, Skates, Snowshoes, Stockings, Stilts
10. Muhammad
11. Las Vegas
12. Steagles
13. Eleven Percent
14. Praying Mantis
15. "I am"
16. 118
17. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
18. Benjamin Franklin
19. Oregon
20. The Tracy Ullman Show

I got the ones in red:

1. Boxing
2. Niagara Falls (rim wear amounts to a backward movement of over two and a half feet a year lost to erosion)
3. Asparagus and Rhubarb
4. Strawberry
5. The bottle is placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired to the tree to hold them in place. It's left there for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stem.
6. Dwarf, Dwindle, Dwell
7. Period
Comma
Colon
Semicolon
Dash
Hyphen
Apostrophe
Question Mark
Exclamation Point
Quotation Marks
Brackets
Parenthesis
Braces
Ellipses
8. Lettuce
9. Shoes, Socks, Sandals, Sneakers, Slippers, Skis, Skates, Snowshoes, Stockings, Stilts (Can't believe I didn't think of sandals. I did think of scuffs, which isn't on the list)
10. Muhammad
11. Las Vegas
12. Steagles (I was close, I guessed Steel Eagles, lol)
13. Eleven Percent
14. Praying Mantis
15. "I am" (I got this, but "I do" is also correct)
16. 118
17. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
18. Benjamin Franklin
19. Oregon
20. The Tracy Ullman Show

:)Barbara

Hey Barbara I missed the same punctuation marks as you! LOL. I did really well overall, but because it was so long I totally zoned on keeping score.

Back
Top Bottom