Sunday Special Trivia- GEOGRAPHY QUIZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
?? Sunday Special- GEOGRAPHY QUIZ

Did you know...
THE AVERAGE MILKING COW PRODUCES 6,000 QUARTS OF MILK A YEAR.

1. To which state must I travel to visit the Iwo Jima Memorial statue ?
2. To which state must I travel to visit the ski resorts of Snowbird, Alta, and Park City ?
3. To Which state must I travel to see the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine, America's largest man-made excavation?
4. Which New England state does NOT border on the Atlantic Ocean ?
5. Which of America's National Parks regularly has the most visitors every year ?
6. The Biblical city of Babylon would be in which country today ?
7. East of the Mississippi, which state has the largest area ?
8. Excluding Alaska, which state extends farthest north?
9. Name the two "Great Lakes" that border only one state.
10. Which state is the only one to have no point as high as 400 feet above sea level ?
1. Virginia
2. Utah
3. Utah
4. Vermont
5. Great Smokey Mountain National Park
6. Iraq
7. Georgia
8. Minnesota
9. Ontario and Huron
10. Florida

That's no fair....
They are all states..
I can only tell you about the Lake Ontario and Huron one

W/e i didnt read that question! :P
I just saw
state
state
state
lake

so I assumed it was almost all states...

Just a little. :P
Better hope I don't kill someone! After my day at work today, I'm not one happy cook!

i guess you didn't read #5 either, gobo. a national park, not a state. :glare:

alix, iraq and afghanistan are going to be combined into the 51st state, called jiffylube-istan. :)

i'm usually very good with geography, but i missed #'s 1, 3 and 5. :(

Fine, all but the lake stuff had nothing to do with Canada. That's all I learned in geography.
That's all they teach you....
The lakes, the provinces, the territories, the capitals, and the layers of soil in the earth.... that's about it.

look gobo, i know all chicks really dig guys that play clarinet (it's the b-flat. makes 'em crazy), but ya gotta put it down once in a while and expand your horizons beyond the frozen north...

Haha! Very nice! You know about the clarinet.
But what if I play the Eb or the A? Or all three!? All in one piece! That was fun.

:P

I know bits of geography here and there. Personally, I don't like geography.
So long as I can tell where I'm going in my area, I'm happy! :D

And we're not THAT frozen... It only goes down to -40 C. This summer it went up to +40 C!

goboenomo said:
Fine, all but the lake stuff had nothing to do with Canada. That's all I learned in geography.
That's all they teach you....
The lakes, the provinces, the territories, the capitals, and the layers of soil in the earth.... that's about it.

Maybe in YOUR curriculum, but the one I taught had a heck of a lot more in it. Maybe you could say something like "what I was taught" rather than "thats all they teach you" not all of Canada learns the curriculum you did. And didn't you already have this conversation over in the Guess your Photo thread? Sorry gobo, that sort of all or nothing thinking pushes hot buttons for me. Didn't mean to lecture you. (Dang teachers never off duty! :LOL: )

Back to the trivia...I sucked today LT, but I am going to plead the late hour.

gobo, just say "yes mistress alix", and back away slowly. don't run (unless you can outrun those with you) or climb a tree.
she's got that look in her eye and her ears are pinned back.

Yes Mister Buckytom

Yes Mistress Alix

I can run really fast! I'm skinny and I have long legs! I can climb trees quite well too! But just in case....

*backs away slowly*

goboenomo said:
I can run really fast! I'm skinny and I have long legs! I can climb trees quite well too!

Alex, does he happen to be your brother?

img_318167_0_c4f47d845d8922c1dcfd835f43b35ca8.jpg
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom