Sunday Special - Who, What, Where, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sunday Special - Who, What, Where, etc.

Kicking off a new category for the daily trivia..........................

1. Where Am I ?
I am an island in North America; By my Country's standard, I’m considered densely populated ; People refer to me by my initials ; Cavendish is my most visited town ; Anne of Green Gables calls me home.
2. Who Am I ?
I am an artist. I was born in Cody, Wyoming, in 1912. My techniques were considered radical. Alcoholism and depression impacted my career. I was a leading member of Abstract Expressionism. My pour and drip painting process made me controversial. I died in a car crash at age 44.
3. What Am I ?
I am a food item. My country of origin influences my recipes. Cafés sometimes offer me on their menu. I may be milky but I’m not so mild. I appear frequently in Turkey, Russia, and India. I’m often blended with spices and sugar. Black tea is my basic component.
4. Where Am I ?
I am a U.S. city. The Jordan River runs through me. I boast a jazzy basketball team.
My Tabernacle holds 6,500 seats. I hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics.
5. Who am I ?
I am an athlete. I was born in the U.S. in 1981. My sport involves love. My father taught me my powerful play. In 1999 I won my first major title, the U.S. Open. I won three major titles in 2003, including Wimbledon. With my older sister, I won a gold medal at the Sydney Olympics.
6. What Am I ?
I am a mammal. You can find me in many parts of the world. I am smart and friendly. Fish and squid are my main food sources. I swim in schools. I have a natural sonar system to locate objects under water. In certain Tourist locations, you can swim with me.
7. Where Am I ?
I am a South American region. I make up the lower sections of Argentina and Chile.
Though I’m mostly desert, my glaciers make me famous. I am home to the rare Andean condor. An American outdoor clothing line bears my name.
8. Who Am I ?
I was born in 1927. There is a street named for me in San Francisco. A holiday is named after me. I helped stage the grape picker’s strike. I cofounded the UFW in 1971. I helped organize migrant farm workers.
9. What Am I ?
I am a food item. In North America you can find me in trees in my natural state. My color determines whether I make the grade. I am sometimes sold in a leaf-shaped vessel. French settlers learned from Native Americans how to get to me. My producers are called “Sugarmakers.”
10. Where Am I ?
I am an African country. I am in the Southern Hemisphere. None of my borders have access to the ocean. I am also called Ngwane. I am only about 80 miles wide. I am mostly surrounded by South Africa. My official languages are Swazi/Siswati and English.
11. Who Am I ?
I am a 20th-century world leader. I studied law at University College in London. I became a member of the London Vegetarian Society. My experiences in South Africa influenced my career. Disobedience landed me in jail. I gained my fame in India.
12. What Am I ?
I am used for water transportation and recreation. I usually hold one but can hold two or three. Swedish Gert Fredrikkson won seven world championships in me. Roll me in order to master me.
13. I am a city in the Southern Hemisphere. I am the second largest city on my continent. English is my official language. I hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics. The Yarra River feeds into me. Olivia Newton-John once called me home.
14. Who Am I ?
I am an entertainer. I was born Jonathan Leibowitz in 1962. The College of William and Mary is my alma mater. I see the funny side of life. Most consider my comedy politically-based. I appeared in the film The First Wives Club. I hosted the 2006 and 2008 Academy Awards.
15. What Am I ?
I am an Arthropod. I am exclusively marine, and tend to live in shallow and tidal waters, typically in erosive settings. My type are called encrusters, attaching ourselves permanently to a hard substrate. I am of economic consequence as I often attach myself to man-made structures, sometimes to the structure's detriment.
1. I am Prince Edward Island
2. I am Jackson Pollack
3. I am Chai Tea
4. I am Salt Lake City
5. I am Serena Williams
6. I am a Dolphin
7. I am Patagonia
8. I am César Chávez
9. I am Maple Syrup
10. I am Swaziland
11. I am Gandhi
12. I am a Kayak
13. I am Melbourne
14. I am Jon Stewart
15. I am a Barnacle

I like this format! I only got 3 wrong, 7, 8 and 12. The others were a cinch. Thanks LT.

Not the greatest, but not too horrible either:

1. I am Prince Edward Island
2. I am Jackson Pollack
3. I am Chai Tea
4. I am Salt Lake City

5. I am Serena Williams--I knew I had the wrong sister, but I couldn't think of her name!
6. I am a Dolphin
7. I am Patagonia
8. I am César Chávez
9. I am Maple Syrup

10. I am Swaziland--I came up with either Swaziland or Zimbabwe and chose the wrong one.
11. I am Gandhi
12. I am a Kayak

13. I am Melbourne--Yep, I went with Sydney.
14. I am Jon Stewart
15. I am a Barnacle

:)Barbara

1. I am Prince Edward Island - D'oh!
2. I am Jackson Pollack
3. I am Chai Tea
4. I am Salt Lake City
5. I am Serena Williams
6. I am a Dolphin
7. I am Patagonia
8. I am César Chávez
9. I am Maple Syrup