"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
have a great dinner, corazon! wow, a toddler & a newborn, babies are exhausting yet so cute! you & hubs more than deserve a night out!
Thanks luvs! It's funny that you say babies are so exhausting. I never realized how much easier a newborn is compared with a two year old.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

rRight Cora, perpetual motion versus calm and serene I know, had 4 and am now caring for four..

kadesma

Old 02-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We managed to drag ourselves out of bed this morning to take our showers. Then we went to Sunday school and church. We got a quick lunch at Hardee's then went to the laundromat to wash clothes (our dryer is broken and I needed some things for church tonight). At 4:30 we had drama practice at church. 7:00 we presented our program at church. It was kind of a collection of skits and other things this time, not a play or anything. James was in 2 really funny (but with serious moments) skits. I was in a dramatic movement thing and a "skit" (I don't know what else to call it--we didn't do movements or acting, just sat and said our parts) called "My first memory of pain." It turned out great, which is such a relief, since a few of the participants were sick. James had a bad headache before we got there, one of the guys in James's skits had a bad headache, our director (my best friend/pastor's daughter, who also sang in the program) fell down the steps (about 3 of them) and hurt her back-side, and a girl in both of my things was throwing up before and after our skit. It went fantastically though, and everyone loved it. After church we went to Taco Bell. Now we are watching TV, and I am getting ready to do my lesson plans for the week (for any of you who might be planning on becoming a teacher, I would advise you not to wait until midnight Sunday night to do your lesson plans!).

Barbara
Old 02-13-2006, 12:27 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

i had to dig out from the big snow storm. they keep calling it a blizzard. i've been in several of those. this was just a big snow. we got about 20 inches.
i was given a snowblower as barter a few years ago, but i've never used one, so i'll have to figure it out for next time. ya know, i actually like shovelling snow. i know i'm weird, but i love the workout, in the cold air, snorting steam like some old ox.
after shovelling out, i went to the polish bakery and picked up some awesome rye, potato salad, rolls, and ham for lunch.
then i went to kmart and bought a children's sled so we can take my son out sledding tomorrow for his first time. he was too sick last winter to go out, so i couldn't wait for the first good snow this year.

lol, i mentioned to my wife that i need to get him a helmet, to which she replied "why". then she realized my plans to take him on the sled, safely(?) tucked between my legs, and drop off a black diamond pitch...
i don't think she'll let me, yet.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Have fun Bucky!!