Super Bowl LII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Join me in cheering for the New England Patriots to win their 6th Super Bowl in Minnesota.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4cb7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4cb7.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 176
Andy, eat some good food, and have fun with family and friends. It is just a game. I've watched my Steelers win six Super Bowls, and watched them lose two Super Bowls. I watched them have a melt-down against the Jaguars in the playoffs just a few weeks ago. Hey, it almost happened for the Pats against the Jags. It's football... anything can happen.

Every poll for the last few years has the Pats as the most hated team in the NFL. Is it fair? Who's to say. It is what it is. I'm going to be wearing my Jack Lambert jersey and an Eagles hat tomorrow. Cheer for your team, but don't be surprised if you don't get a whole lot of support from outside of the Boston area.

CD

All I can say about it is that there's 9 days until pitchers and catchers report, and all 3 NYC metro hockey teams are in the playoff hunt.

CD, I realize the Patriots are hated almost everywhere. A recent poll I saw had Maine, NH, MA, and RI as Pats fans and the entire rest of the USA except for North Dakota(?!) against the Pats.

Kayelle, you never have enough rings.

CD, I realize the Patriots are hated almost everywhere. A recent poll I saw had Maine, NH, MA, and RI as Pats fans and the entire rest of the USA except for North Dakota(?!) against the Pats.

Kayelle, you never have enough rings.

I do have to admit I have a very strong bias, as I don't want to see "Sixburgh" tied in Super Bowls won. Then again, I am not a Dolphins fan, but I don't want any team, unless it is the Steelers, have a "perfect season" like they did. That dolphins team was pretty awesome, I have to admit.

CD

Me and football.

I need to catch up on my reading [emoji38]

LOL! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I knew every answer, including the "Purple People Eaters." They were an awesome defense. Fran Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters faced Terry Bradshaw and the "Steel Curtain" in Super Bowl IX. What a game! Oh, the Steelers won.

CD

LOL! [emoji38]:ROFLMAO:

I knew every answer, including the "Purple People Eaters." They were an awesome defense. Fran Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters faced Terry Bradshaw and the "Steel Curtain" in Super Bowl IX. What a game! Oh, the Steelers won.

DH and I were watching it while making dinner. He knew every answer, too. He was kind of rolling his eyes by the end. It was pretty funny :ROFLMAO:

That Dolphins team had one of the easiest schedules in history. Their opponents had an aggregate win/loss% of less than 50%.

The Pats came close to a perfect season in 2007, but the Giants ended that in the SB. Of course the most memorable thing about that near perfect season was that the Pats cheated, and Coach Belichick was fined a half-million bucks, and the Pats lost their first round draft pick for 2008.

CD

Hey folks, you can watch SB commercials on AdBlitz, part of YouTube, without having to watch the game. It doesn't look like all the ads will be there, but I just watched the Jack-in-the-Box ad with Martha Stewart, and it was funny, as I expected it to be.

CD

The Pats came close to a perfect season in 2007, but the Giants ended that in the SB. Of course the most memorable thing about that near perfect season was that the Pats cheated, and Coach Belichick was fined a half-million bucks, and the Pats lost their first round draft pick for 2008.

CD

The Pats have cheated many, many times. I've heard a few of our on air guys, ex-professional football players, say while it's no secret that most teams take any advantage they can - including cheating, Bill Bellicheat and Shady Brady have taken it to another level. so bad that they keep getting caught.

One new story I heard was that they called in a fire alarm to the hotel of their opponent near the stadium in Foxboro, then send in fake housekeeping people to copy playbooks, and anything they could find.

Well, it doesn't matter this year. The Eagles are the champs!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom