Superbowl Foods - Whats your Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Superbowl Menu!

• A Variety of Seafood / Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
velochic said:
This is American football, right? I thought this was a big party night, no? I didn't read the thread. Who is playing?

Yes, it's American football. Our biggest sports night, as far as football fans are concerned:LOL:
Chicago Bears vs Indianapolis Colts in Superbowl XLI
Can't wait!! Sorry, but, I have to go for the Colts and Peyton Manning. I haven't yelled for the Bears since William "The Frig" Perry left!!

texasgirl said:
Yes, it's American football. Our biggest sports night, as far as football fans are concerned:LOL:
Can't wait!! Sorry, but, I have to go for the Colts and Peyton Manning. I haven't yelled for the Bears since William "The Frig" Perry left!!

Okay, I grew up in Indiana. I still can't keep these things straight. Can you say "lack of interest makes velochic a dull girl"? :ROFLMAO:

Like I said the other thread... go Indy team.

Hot Wings
Franks red hot sauce
tobasco
black pepper
mix 1/2 cup franks, a few dashes of tobasco and black pepper.

Fry frozen wings to desired crispiness. Throw fried wings in mix bowl with sauces, shake and voila. Easy recipe, but really delicious.

I am going to a friend's house for the party. I am bringing chili and maybe cornbread. We also usually have: tortilla chips, salsa, pistachios, cheese ball, a couple of desserts, and whatever else other folks might bring. I might also bring a spinach dip (It's my favorite). Last year we had a big pot of gumbo.

philly29 said:
Hot Wings
Franks red hot sauce
tobasco
black pepper
mix 1/2 cup franks, a few dashes of tobasco and black pepper.

Fry frozen wings to desired crispiness. Throw fried wings in mix bowl with sauces, shake and voila. Easy recipe, but really delicious.

philly, have you tried adding some melted butter and powdered cayenne pepper? the butter will give it a more saucey consistency and add flavor, and the cayenne will kick up the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl

velochic said:
Okay, I grew up in Indiana. I still can't keep these things straight. Can you say "lack of interest makes velochic a dull girl"? :ROFLMAO:

Like I said the other thread... go Indy team.

Not to worry velochic, it wasn't until this post that I could figure out what all the fuss about Indy was. I did not know Indianapolis had a professional football team, I am somewhat amazed. What part of Indiana do you know?

We'll probably have a homemade pizza, salsa chips, veggies and dip, maybe some wings. oh and beer!

I guess we are going to root for the Colts, even though my hubby used to live in Chicago. He isn't keen on the Bears.

jabbur said:
My family has a tried and true pizza dough recipe! Even I can make it when I'm not a bread maker! Hope this will help you make the leap to homemade pizza which is much better than chain ones IMO.

Dissolve 2 packages yeast into 2 cups warm water
Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 beaten egg, 2 teaspoon salt
Mix well

Add 6-1/2 to 7 cups flour in stages until dough is no longer sticky. Place in greased bowl turning once to coat doughball. cover lightly with foil and place in refridgerator for at least 3 hours (if left overnight punch down once before bed!)

This recipe is easy and makes 3 jellyroll pan sized pizza. It is easily frozen both as ready made pizzas with sauce and cheese or in individual balls that can be thawed and rolled out later.

My family likes to add whole oregano and sometimes a bit of garlic powder to the recipe before adding the flour. This gives the dough a great flavor!

thanks jabbur. i was going to buy dough from a local pizza place. i've also seen it for sale in local supermarkets. but if i get the time, i'm going to try your recipe.

Bucky, if you can, mix it up the night before and let it rise overnight in the fridge.

It'll make it that much better. We used to make all our own dough at the pizza place I worked, and we loaded the walk in cooler with dough every night (for use the next day).

Hmmm... Maybe we'll make some pizzas for the game.

John

We'll be doin' the chili thang... I like the idea serving with chopped green onion and sour cream... and will probably put some cornbread with it.

The biggest football fans I know are me and my GF... so we probably won't have a party. It's really strange that we have a number of both male and female friends but very few are actually football fans. I honestly don't understand it, but apparently it's true.

Z

Am going to a friend's potluck, will probably do
a mexican layer dip and corn chips. I also have
some small Nathan's hot dogs and do the usual
BBQ weiners. Barbara's brisket sounds great tho!
uuummmmm

Since I don't understand football I just might watch it for the Commercials...:) or not.Truth be known...I don't even know when it is on.:angel:
Dove

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom