Superbowl Foods - Whats your Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Superbowl Menu!

• A Variety of Seafood / Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
If youre like me, youre 36, single, lonely and broke. Alas, that has nothing to do with this survey! :rolleyes:
During the Superbowl, what do you intend to serve besides beverages?

This year we are feeling lazy. Probably go to Costco and pick up a bunch of appetizers.

Pizza most likely.

Probably not doing a Superbowl Party, just staying home and watching the game.

John

No party this year. We are staying home to watch the game since at a party, noone seems to settle down in front of the tv. Some of the guys do, but I like to watch the game, too, and the gals seem to want to play cards, or hang out in the kitchen and talk. Any other time, it'd be okay, but I want to watch the Colts win this one.

Lyndalou

My parents are likely to throw a huge Super Bowl party, and if I know them, there will probably be burgers, italian beef, and fried chicken.

The jury's still out on whether or not we're keeping the restaurant open on Superbowl Sunday. The owner is having a huge flat screen installed in our bar this week, which suggests he wants to be open and draw the superbowl crowd... but we're a fine dining restaurant, and all of us in the kitchen are scratching our heads b/c a TV seems inappropriate. If we do end up working, there's bound to be lots of good food and beer in the kitchen that day, and I'll let you know how it turns out!

If I get the day off, well then I've got to represent, and go with Chicago Deep Dish pizza and my some chicago-style dogs.

I was pulling for the Saints..they being from my neck of the woods..but they lost fair and square! So in honor of da Bears...I will probably roast two nice pieces of venison back strap with a large piece of bear fat between them for flavor...'cause they gonna win da Bowl! :)

I will make a some chili and serve it with some chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream and crisp tortillas and lime. Ofcourse some sweet corn bread to go with my chili.

I also like the mini crab cakes and bruschetta that trader joes sells. They are really delicious and take about 10 minutes to heat up in the oven. I think I will get some of them. I have two boys and these appetizers are bite sized and easy for them to pick up and pop it into their mouths without creating a big mess.

It should be a fun Sunday.

We're having a pot luck with heavy hors d'oevres. I'm making meatballs and possibly artichoke dip with crackers.

i'm not sure if we'll be home or out house hunting. sunday is my only day off, so football is not often high on our list of things to do. :(

if we stay home (i've been teaching my boy how to fake stomach aches :angel: ) i'm gonna make broiled buffalo wings and baked potatoes stuffed with broccoli, cheese, and chorizo. also, shrimp cocktail and i'll either try to make a pizza for my first time, or i'll just add a little sauce and mozzarella to garlic bread and broil it to melt the cheese.

I am going over to friends to watch the game and it is going to be pot luck.

I ordered a large assortment of meats and cheese and that is what I am bringing to my girlfriend's house.

i'll either try to make a pizza for my first time,

My family has a tried and true pizza dough recipe! Even I can make it when I'm not a bread maker! Hope this will help you make the leap to homemade pizza which is much better than chain ones IMO.

Dissolve 2 packages yeast into 2 cups warm water
Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 beaten egg, 2 teaspoon salt
Mix well

Add 6-1/2 to 7 cups flour in stages until dough is no longer sticky. Place in greased bowl turning once to coat doughball. cover lightly with foil and place in refridgerator for at least 3 hours (if left overnight punch down once before bed!)

This recipe is easy and makes 3 jellyroll pan sized pizza. It is easily frozen both as ready made pizzas with sauce and cheese or in individual balls that can be thawed and rolled out later.

My family likes to add whole oregano and sometimes a bit of garlic powder to the recipe before adding the flour. This gives the dough a great flavor!

We're superbowl chili eaters although I do try to make some nice appetizers and a great dessert.

Normally, I will make dips and finger foods, egg rolls, buffalo wings, sandwiches, etc.... I will do the same if DH is able to eat by then.

Does anyone know what time the game starts? That would help me decide what to make (dinner-type food or appys). We are having the party and rooting for da Bearz of course, but our very nice neighbors are from Indiana so we must have something for them as well.

oh, jeez, Uncle Bob. It's probably the pre-game show to get all the West Coast viewers. Pre-school night, school-age kids in attendance.....

We'll go for the appys.

This is American football, right? I thought this was a big party night, no? I didn't read the thread. Who is playing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom