Superbowl XL Who are you rooting for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superbowl XL who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I've decided it's time for a new poll. I'm voting for the Seahawks. They've never been to the Superbowl before, I'm impressed they made it! Living in Washington too, gotta support the home team. Though the commercials are why I'd really watch it...

Sorry, just realized I entered to close this poll in ten days, I meant to close in 20. Will one of you awesome mods change this for me? Thanks!

Last edited:
My younger boy has been a seahawks fan for 4 years. He's been wearing his shirt, his hat, his jersey.....he's really proud of their victory today!

STEELERS!!!!

The Bus (Jerome Bettis) is a hometown (Detroit) guy, so I think most of Detroit has already adopted the Steelers for this one. Plus, is most likely his last game in the NFL, and he gets to have it be the Superbowl, in his hometown. Now if they can just win it...

(Detroit fans adopting a new team for the playoffs is nothing new, happens every year - getting this much agreement though, this is rare!)

John

Everyone expected the Seahawks to be in this position. No one expected the Steelers to be.

I think the Steel Curtain will reign supreme, putting aside the emotion involving Jerome "The Bus" Bettis.

Back to the emotion, what could be better? You're the number 6 seat, not expected to even make it to the Big Dance, and you plow through the top 3 seats with relative ease. You're back home in the northern "Big D", it's likely your playing the last game in the NFL, and of all the games it could be, it's the Super Bowl. The only way it can get any bigger than that is if the Steelers win. Talk about going out on the top of your game!

I'll have a tough time with this one. I love the Steeler's, but, Seattle has never gone. I don't care who win's cause, I'm gonna be so sad for the one that doesn't anyway. I know it will be a really good game and I think it'll be a low score also.

I love football. Gott go with the Seahawks cause being from Cleveland... I'll be dis-owned for going with the Steelers lol

Hawks!

Here's to a much deserved Superbowl XL win for them. It should be a tight game, but I have faith!!

:heart:
Z

I'm going to root for Seattle just so I'll have an interest in the game.

Oh, and because I hate the Steelers.

texasgirl said:
I'll have a tough time with this one. I love the Steeler's, but, Seattle has never gone. I don't care who win's cause, I'm gonna be so sad for the one that doesn't anyway. I know it will be a really good game and I think it'll be a low score also.

I know what ya mean.. I almost started crying after yesterdays game. Those Panther guys looked so darn sad... Paul says thats the real reason I hate sports. I can't stand to see any one lose.:(:(:(

pdswife said:
I know what ya mean.. I almost started crying after yesterdays game. Those Panther guys looked so darn sad... Paul says thats the real reason I hate sports. I can't stand to see any one lose.:(:(:(

There are only a couple of superbowls that didn't bother me,but, most of them do that to me. I don't like seeing them lose either!! I know that it's Seattles time,but, it'll be hard to see Jerome Bettis and Ben Roethlisberger sad after getting that far. I think Roethlisberger has made the team this year.
I mean, look at this face!!
05_atDenPlayoff_after2_61619.jpg

Yesterdays game was the first game I've watched in years... I'd never even heard of the panthers before...

Even I've heard of the Steelers but I don't know any of the players names or their stories. Still I will be sad when poor Pittsburg loses and goes home with out the superbowl trophy. ( do they get a trophy??)

Oh yeah, they get a whale of a trophy! It's the Vince Lombardi trophy
gtrophy125.jpg

And everyone, get's a beautiful ring. Check them out by year.

Neat!

I like the rings. I wonder what this years will look like? Lots of blue in it, I'm sure. lol!

Sad, yeah, hee hee hee, but they're big boys. With all their money, they could by the dang trophy.

Like I said, I'm routing for Pittsburgh on emotion. That said, t'would be very impressive for Mike Holmgren to take Brett Favre's protoge and build another Super Bowl team elsewhere.

I think the Steeler's defense can take the wind out of the sails of the Seahawks offense. That said, I think it is going to come down to mistakes. I don't think there will be many, but the team that can capitalize the most when one is made will win it. Sure don't want to see The Bus coughing it up at the goal line like he did in Indy!

I'm not 100% certain the Steel Curtain will stop Mr. MVP of the regular season. If any one can, though, it's Pittsburgh.

Back
Top Bottom